Discuss Ready to remove the dreaded floating floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

tommytonguedj

Morning all sorry if it is a little long i have been lurking for a couple of weeks and have come to the point to crack on as i have all the materials etc it is just one bit bothering me, Big Thanks In Advance.

My dilemma is the 4x2 sub frame i am going to put down on the concrete slab, Do i secure it to the concrete with rawl plugs and brackets and cover with mastic where i have penetrated the blue membrane or do i pack under timber and secure with gripfill as suggested in a post on here?.

MY construction of the sub floor is below after removing the 22mm chipboard on top of 100mm insulation.

4x2 C16 Timber spaced at 300mm with insulation recut and reseated in between timber
Topped with 18mm WBP Ply and secured at 150mm centres
Finished with 6mm no more ply ready for a pro tiler

Just wondering how you would want the floor if you was going to do it. Thanks Again Tom

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Ready to remove the dreaded floating floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
This kitchen is not level as can be seen in the attached picture. From floorboard to kitchen...
Replies
Views
Sid2323
S
Hi Ive been browsing your forums over the years looking for guidance for odd tiling DIY tasks...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, I normally post over in diynot for general DIY but wrt tiling over timber I need some...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
Hi everyone, I had my floor ripped up after a leak two years ago and wanted to get UFH heating...
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB