Discuss reciepts in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tiler Blackpool

Hi all. Ive got a predicament involving a receipt. I priced a job up including undertile heating. the customer chose her own kit and I told her I could save her 20% if I bought it for her...which I have. Ive actually got a lot bigger discount on it than I expected and obviously feel its within my right to keep the extra. HOWEVER, the receipt obviously states the price on it!! which she will need for her warrantee (I would of thought). But even if this isn't the case, shes still going to want a copy of the receipt 'for her books'. Question is, how do I make my profit on it without her thinking im ripping her off!?(which im not as the discount is down to my trade discount). Sorry for the long paragraph...it wont let me press return

- - - Updated - - -

thanks in advance!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
ive had this before, trouble is some customers want it all, they want you to supply the materials, trade, yet want to keep or see the reiciepts, trouble is if you have told them your getting the materials trade, but keeping a little back for yourself, which in imo your totally right to do.....its called business ,.... there still getting it cheaper and your making a bit too, after all your sorting it out, picking it up, and will be the first one they turn to should there be a problem, as others have said there receipt is your invoice for supplying and fixing...

C

Colour Republic

As everybody has been saying the original receipt is yours for your books although you must provide your own invoice to the customer for the goods. BUT and it is a very big BUT, something that hasn't been mentioned is that if you give them for an invoice then YOU'RE are responsible for those items should they go wrong, you are now the retailer so you have extra responsibilities. If the products are faulty or they break down it is you that the customer can complain to and expect for them to be put right.

You can not fob them off and ask them to contact the manufaturer or the shop that you bought them from. It is you that has to do that, it is you that has to do the running around. Now you could say 'fine my retailer will deal with it' ahhhh but hang on, not always true as business to business sales do not have the same rights as business to consumer and as such by selling the goods to your customer you would have given them more rights than you have with your supplier.

Of course the products should be under warranty from the manufacturer, now many manufacturers will deal with the customer direct no problems but some insist that the consumer contacts the retailer (that's you) and then you have to get in contact with them to sort any problems out.

So be careful. If you want to make a mark-up (or even if you don't), as soon as you invoice the customer for goods then you have given them consumer rights. So if you do this then make damn sure you have made a profit on the goods that covers you running around but also, and most importantly, covers the future running around you may have to do if the products become faulty.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to reciepts in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

G
evening all i had to buy myself a new dry cutter and having only ever used rubi and ill be...
Replies
Views
One Day
O
C
hi guys, just wanting to hear some different views on this. I was out giving some advice( well i...
Replies
Views
D
ive currently finished a job where the customer did nothing i asked from having washing...
Replies
Views
Just like to ask how some of you lad,s deal with an insurance quote,my policy for a quote is...
Replies
Views
S
Hi i've started to tile my shower enclosure and at the tiles at the bottom next to the tray ive...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB