UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Relaid quarry tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Pretty sure I've had that from somewhere on here before who actually went through it all.

Never needed to know it myself though.

Obviously seek legal advice if it ever got to that sort of stage.

Best to avoid it though by just getting the trader to sort the problems out as if it were just a bit of a snagging list.

P

pauly

I lifted another loose tile today and the adjoining tiles weren't stuck down either, the sand/cement base seems firm, but the grout appears to be dry soft sand. Assuming all the tiles need to be relaid what should be used for sticking them down and grouting ?.

I think we have to lift all the tiles, would it be an option to just lay another inch of screed instead of the tiles or is that asking for more trouble ?.

P

pauly

It's hard for us to say what is best for you to do as there are no photo's et, we are just guessing.
If you are confident that the sand and cement bed is still strong enough after the tiles are removed then i'd suggest you just use levelling compound.

Appreciate the reply, the tiles are around 20mm thick so if they aren't put back down that will have to be made up. The builder came for a look and agrees the tiles aren't bonded to the base, there was some talk about all the old grout should have been removed from the sides of all the tiles but he should have said that before he laid them. He didn't offer to remove and relay them so I asked how long it would take and he said at least a day, I dont think it's reasonable for me to pay for them to be laid twice ?.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Relaid quarry tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone. I have a 1940's semi and i have been redecorating my front room, no its my own...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
I think my question has been partly answered by @Andrew near the very end of this thread, but...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
Hi all. Looking for some expert help now I have some time on my hands during lockdown. I took up...
Replies
Views
Hi there. Has any seen an issue with tiles that de_bonded or became loose? We moved into a...
Replies
Views
Tile Shop
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.