Discuss Remove Grout From Internal Corners? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Well im going to disagree, it is what it is in your eyes and a few on here, but ive always seen em grouted and siliconed , sheet, abroad i don't think ive seen silicone in a lot of hotels :fearscream:
what in the gods do you think was used before silicone arrived ??? Oohh oohhh don't tell me 'they cracked' :tearsofjoy:
Some stick to the 'book' some of us do whats always worked and always will, and if that makes me a cowboy in yours and a select few
Yeeeeeeee hhhhhhaaaaaaarrrrrr ;)

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I disagree there, I have recently just completed 3 rooms where the customer supplied the grout and it was all from Porcelenasa, there was no chance of getting a silicone to match to do the internal corners.

Therefore the only solution was to grout them, let them dry and over silicone with clear silicone.

How else could you do it other than just clear silicone in the corners and no grout - which would have looked great yeah.

Its an expansion joint. If you fill it how can there be room for movement, something will give.

Have a look here you can match to most tiles or grout colours from here

http://www.countyconchem.co.uk/grap.../ottoseal-s100-sealant-colour-chart-large.jpg

O

Old Mod

Well im going to disagree, it is what it is in your eyes and a few on here, but ive always seen em grouted and siliconed , sheet, abroad i don't think ive seen silicone in a lot of hotels :fearscream:
what in the gods do you think was used before silicone arrived ??? Oohh oohhh don't tell me 'they cracked' :tearsofjoy:
Some stick to the 'book' some of us do whats always worked and always will, and if that makes me a cowboy in yours and a select few
Yeeeeeeee hhhhhhaaaaaaarrrrrr ;)
Haha who pulled your chain Craig!
I'm not saying u CAN'T grout ur corners!
U do what u want to!!
You're a grown up!
I'm saying u SHOULDN'T and I've given my reasons, why else would u silicone dry corners?
It's not for the fun of siliconing is it!
And I'm not gonna call the silicone police if u don't Craig, it's ok! :rolleyes:

S

StevieBoy

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
75 different colours here, including the one you need
Otto-Chemie OTTOSEAL® S100 Premium Bathroom (Internal) Silicone Sealant - Otto-Chemie Mastic Sealants Adhesives & Tools - Product List - Sealants Online

Do you use them Julian?

Last edited by a moderator:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
No but think I may start.
I know there a good make and do ones suitable for stone.
Normally have to order the stone ones from CTD, expensive and poor colour choice from mapei.
You?

Loads of choice for stone as you say, they've never failed me on delivery either, normally get them sent to the job I'm working on. I generally bring an off-cut of tile home and match it to the colour on screen and they are always spot on

S

StevieBoy

My mistake select your colour and how many from this page

Otto-Chemie OTTOSEAL® S100 Premium Bathroom (Internal) Silicone Sealant - Multi-Purpose sealants - Product List - Sealants Online
That's a great website John, many thanks for that.

That should clear this thread up, no need to ever grout corners again ever

Happy Days.

Last edited by a moderator:

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Haha who pulled your chain Craig!
I'm not saying u CAN'T grout ur corners!
U do what u want to!!
You're a grown up!
I'm saying u SHOULDN'T and I've given my reasons, why else would u silicone dry corners?
It's not for the fun of siliconing is it!
And I'm not gonna call the silicone police if u don't Craig, it's ok! :rolleyes:

The thread needs finding where someone askedwho grouted corners before they siliconed , i think @Bri made it, im sure it was 50/50.

No one has pulled my chain marc , hence the smily faces ;)
I just don't see the problem ,if a wall is going to move that much , silicone will not stop opening up .
I do like a friendly debate with all the elitists though, it makes my weeks sometimes :)

O

Old Mod

I do like a friendly debate with all the elitists though, it makes my weeks sometimes :)

U calling me elitist!

lol-045.gif

I

Ian

The thread needs finding where someone askedwho grouted corners before they siliconed , i think @Bri made it, im sure it was 50/50.

No one has pulled my chain marc , hence the smily faces ;)
I just don't see the problem ,if a wall is going to move that much , silicone will not stop opening up .

I don't remember doing a thread about silicone/grout in corners, I've definitely stated that I don't silicone up to ceilings skirting so or architraves. I'm like you mate, I do what I believe to be right on the job I'm on, I am a bit of a stickler for silicone only in corners but, never in my life have I siliconed to a skirting board (unless it's a tiled skirting) or used anything other than grout up to ceilings. I do silicone around window reveals and I know a lot don't.

Reply to Remove Grout From Internal Corners? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, As per the title, my tiler has grouted the internal corners of our new shower enclosure...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all, I’m new to this forum and hope someone can help me. I’m generally trying to...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys Just a quick one, i have 2 internal corners to do. The walls either side are in...
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
Hello all! I don't usually use forums so bear with me. I've tiled my downstairs toilet, I...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB