Discuss Removing flexi adhesive from floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tfs

I used a hilti grinder that a friend owns. I used this on a chipboard floor and it left me with a smooth floor ready to be sheeted and tiled. The sytem used left only minor surface dust, didnt need to open any window or tape round any doors etc.

Here is a link to the system that I used Hilti designs new dustless grinder

Probably one of the best tools ob the market for this type of thing (dommestic)

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tfs

I dont rate bags at all, you realy need the vacuum to ensure minimal dust as this stuff can realy generate crazy levels of dust.

I havent used the Makita but the Hilti was very impressive, brush pile on the underside of the grinder allowed the grinder to glide over floor regardless of imperfections on surface. There was minimal kick back when starting and as mentioned when used with the dust extraction and the vacuum there was almost no dust (none that could be seen in the air) just a quick sweep of the floor to be safe prior to priming the floor and hey presto!

Like yourself something I am seriously thinking of getting, blades are pretty expensive though for the Hilti but, Standard grinding cups on a bsic grinder just dont cut it once you have used one these bad boys.

I have saw some attachments that you can buy and attach to the a standard grinder like hte one here

[video=youtube;y1DEt_gdkcM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1DEt_gdkcM[/video]

Perhaps worth some consideration if the price is right?

A

Alberta Stone

I have one of those and they work pretty good, except the front removable bit tends to get seized in place with a bit of dust and I broke one of the black plastic clamp pieces attempting to remove it one day.
I did manage to fix it with a piece of copper wire I found on the job site and managed to get my work done.
It cost about $100 or something around there.
Got it from GranQuartz.

Reply to Removing flexi adhesive from floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

450 x 450 porcelain tiles were laid on the bathroom floor recently. One of the tile sometimes...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Removing flexi adhesive from floor
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.