Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Removing polish from stone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I imagine the person I spoke to (a tile merchant) had in mind just wiping the acid over the surface then washing it off. Does seem a bit of a trial and error process though. And I'm not sure of the effect of brick acid on other materials, ie trousers, boots, skin :smilewinkgrin:
Pebbs, with the colour enhancer are you refering to it darkening the grout? If that's the case then it wouldn't be too much of a problem as I only ever use grey grout and a lot the mosaics I do need to be 'antiqued'.
I will keep searching untill I find a supplier of the honed, I'm sure there is one out there.

Reply to Removing polish from stone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello everyone, new to the forum, nice to meet you. A tiler recommended to bring this question...
Replies
Views
Good Evening, Kicking myself here, I’ve recently fitted some mosaic travertine tiles around the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We had our bathroom fully re-done approx 2 months ago. 1880's property, the previous...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
R
hi i've just tiled my mums kitchen with some onyx mosaic tiles. i applied a couple of coats of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom

Thread Information

Title
Removing polish from stone
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.