UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Repaired my wet saw in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

I spent the last few hours repairing my Stayer wet saw , it last had a lot of usage 18 months ago on a big job where we had a lot of large format stone and porcelain to cut and was left on site for 3 months mostly outside , this caused a few issues with the machine where by the plastic tightening handles had rusted into the threads and these were just spinning and it meant that the saw could not be dismantled for cleaning or tightened into position for mitres so it has been on my to do list for several months and I had even considered gettin a professional technician to service it for me but I am glad I did it myself as i really enjoyed doing it here are a few pictures of the machine I am looking forward to using it again now

Attachments

• DSC03073 (1024x768).jpg
    475.7 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC03074 (1024x768).jpg
    442.9 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC03081 (1024x768).jpg
    496.4 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC03082 (1024x768).jpg
    381.5 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC03084 (1024x768).jpg
    437.5 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC03085 (1024x768).jpg
    440.7 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC03086 (1024x768).jpg
    461.7 KB · Views: 122
S

Spud

His wife runs a place in London, mosaic and tile centre or somethink like that and has a place in Hemel...plumpish guy who used to be a top cop once
Yes I do Know him he is a friend of Ray t t his showroom in london is in Shad Thames he has got some stunning mosaic in there he is going to stock some of Ray's tiles, I have tiled a floor in Hemel recently using the 1200 x600 4.8mm at Hamilton House in the town centre,the main reception area

W

White Room

Yes I do Know him he is a friend of Ray t t his showroom in london is in Shad Thames he has got some stunning mosaic in there he is going to stock some of Ray's tiles, I have tiled a floor in Hemel recently using the 1200 x600 4.8mm at Hamilton House in the town centre,the main reception area

He did mention knowing Ray and he is going to stock the thin porcelain....his place in Hemel is next to screwfix in Maylands avenue opposite N&C Tile Shapes with Gemma running it.

J

jonnyc

I got this saw when stayer went bust, it was from a container of bankrupt stock the guy who bought it didnt know any thing about wet saws ,I paid £350 for it brand new on a boxed pallet, soon after he was selling them for £750 its a good machine and can cut a 1200 tile
I bought one of these as well gary from bankrupt stock same price!! a few years back. picked it up from somewhere near heathrow i think.
cant remember why i didnt keep it . think the head used to twist a bit when running off skirtings.
For the price it was a good cutter though.
anyway sold it to my mate for same price and he had only used a few times when someone ran over it.
he got £ 1500.00 for a replacement and bought vthe ali manta i use now so that was quite a result.

S

Spud

I bought one of these as well gary from bankrupt stock same price!! a few years back. picked it up from somewhere near heathrow i think.
cant remember why i didnt keep it . think the head used to twist a bit when running off skirtings.
For the price it was a good cutter though.
anyway sold it to my mate for same price and he had only used a few times when someone ran over it.
he got £ 1500.00 for a replacement and bought vthe ali manta i use now so that was quite a result.
Apex Grange may be stocking the mondial saws soon Jonny:thumbsup:

J

jonnyc

gary
cant find the raimondi saw i talked to you about that i saw on on ebay any more.
i am sure it was the raimondi zoe 105 and was a fantastic price.
must be all gone .
i have to say though that trimline were not far off the mark for this saw either which surprised me .
forget their retail costs . they are pretty competitive now.
i dont know how their price structure works , but as an account holder for 20 years i have seen them change their strategy to come in line with the best offers on market.
this was not always the case , hence why i buy only afew of their products where as i sued to buy many,

S

Spud

gary
cant find the raimondi saw i talked to you about that i saw on on ebay any more.
i am sure it was the raimondi zoe 105 and was a fantastic price.
must be all gone .
i have to say though that trimline were not far off the mark for this saw either which surprised me .
forget their retail costs . they are pretty competitive now.
i dont know how their price structure works , but as an account holder for 20 years i have seen them change their strategy to come in line with the best offers on market.
this was not always the case , hence why i buy only afew of their products where as i sued to buy many,
I have used them alot myself in the past Jonny but rarely do these days as they use couriers to deliver their goods and I received some damaged trim which arrived to a job 2 days late after the clown delivering it couldnt find the site I was on or reach me viaq mobile phone ,they refused to do anything about it so i threw their trim in the skip and made alternative arrangements, I got an apology for the "inconvienience" but explained to them in my opinion an inconvienience is when you run out of toilet paper or printer ink not when their mistakes cost me several hundred pounds in extra labour costs and delays, if i do use them i go to their premises as I just dont trust their deliveries anymore ,they also sent me junk mail and didnt put postage on it so I had to pay for the priviledge of unwanted mail, they need to pull their socks up and get back to the good service they used to provide imo as they have been great in the past

J

jonnyc

I have used them alot myself in the past Jonny but rarely do these days as they use couriers to deliver their goods and I received some damaged trim which arrived to a job 2 days late after the clown delivering it couldnt find the site I was on or reach me viaq mobile phone ,they refused to do anything about it so i threw their trim in the skip and made alternative arrangements, I got an apology for the "inconvienience" but explained to them in my opinion an inconvienience is when you run out of toilet paper or printer ink not when their mistakes cost me several hundred pounds in extra labour costs and delays, if i do use them i go to their premises as I just dont trust their deliveries anymore ,they also sent me junk mail and didnt put postage on it so I had to pay for the priviledge of unwanted mail, they need to pull their socks up and get back to the good service they used to provide imo as they have been great in the past

ok, i understand where you are coming from. yes they have changed their delivery system. i had a great little set up with their employee who did my run for years .he knew my mobile no and used to call me when he was near.if i was out we had an agreement where he would leave at my risk and it was all fine. now it is more complicated but i think i had it very good before .
but yes you are right , i am sure that the couriers they use now when delivering to a designated site dont make any effort if there is a problem whereas the trimline employee always had my tel no and we sorted any delivery out without any worries.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Repaired my wet saw in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I’m after a new hand held wet & dry saw cos my dewalts had it, and been looking at the...
Replies
Views
Morning everyone. I've decided to come off the tools for the foreseeable future and take some...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am looking at wet saws and only a DIY here but got a few odd shapes to cut. What would...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I bought a (let's say) DIY wet saw for a few projects around the house (they may include...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.