UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Replacing current kitchen flooring tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Austin

Hi,
I would like to ask the experts the best way to replace my current kitchen floor tiles.
It's currently tiled on screed (badly) and is about 25 m2. Some of the tiles are damaged. This is due to uneven floor screed and the tiler packed out the uneven floor with adhesive.This left some of the tiles badly supported and weaker.
Ok, I know I should remove the tiles and make good the floor surface.But what is the best way to level the floor? Is it possible to use a self leveling compound?? If so what's the best to use?
Also what would be the best type of floor tile for a kitchen, that is hard wearing and is kid proof!! Things get dropped!
I've done some research and I'm thinking Porcelain or natural materials, the thicker the better!!

Any guidance appreciated!!

Thanks.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Replacing current kitchen flooring tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi all, first post. I’m currently doing a job on my house where we’ve moved the kitchen and...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.