Discuss REPOLISHING BLACK GRANITE TILES help please! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

katrina

Hi, I had black granite tiles (with bronze sparkly bits, galaxy i think they were called).. laid in my kitchen around 3 years ago. I was mis=informed and have used harsh cleaning products on them such as flash and diluted bleach !!!!!!! once i clean them now, the shine like diamonds.....until the water dries, and they are left looking like i have dried mud on them, dull dull dull. :thumbsdown:

I wonder if there is a way for them to be re-polishedwhen laid, not varnished or a skin put on them but actually re-polished? Please, any help appreciated. thankyou x :smilewinkgrin:

A

Alberta Stone

I use a wet grinder to re-polish at times but it requires plastic to be put up to contain the spatter.
Without seeing the job it is hard to say as there are a variety of ways it could go.
It sounds simple however.
Either there is a bit of residue that has adhered like a haze or the very top layer has become pitted.
I also have a dry disc system that doesn't require the wet treatment with polish discs going up to 3000 mesh.
Either way works well and brings the stone back to its original glory.
Unfortunately for you I live in Canada so it will have to be one of the other lads to help you.

Reply to REPOLISHING BLACK GRANITE TILES help please! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
HELP To Restore black quarry tiles ??? They got cleaned with chemical lime wash remover and are...
Replies
Views
Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views
I was hoping for some advice. I have large white tiles in my kitchen who a friend laid. I was...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
REPOLISHING BLACK GRANITE TILES help please!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.