Discuss Resin backed stone - adhesive in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Concrete guy

They will both stick like poo to a blanket.

What you need to remember is the manufacturer cannot provide a guarantee for a product that isn't theirs.

In this case, the marble is glued to epoxy and mesh, the adhesive is attached to the epoxy and mesh. The manufacturer can guarantee their product will adhere to the epoxy and mesh but beyond that they can't reasonably offer anything.

When fitting this stuff you'll often find overlaps at some of the tile edges where epoxy and mesh have wrapped over a bit, if it's a devils job to clean these bits off even with a sharp stanley knife, then it's reasonable to think that it's likely to hold together once it's attached to the wall.

The flip side of this is when you find you can simply peel up a corner of backing mesh by hand, then strip the whole sheet off without much effort - that's the point you pack it all up and take it back to the shop as not fit for purpose.

In situations like these it's just a bit of common sense really.

I

IHB

The tiles all seem vey good to be honest. All square, same size, same thickness, all very regular and hold together when wet cut using a overhead saw.

Most of the mesh is well stuck. As you say there are parts where the epoxy hasn't taken that are easy to strip to the stone.

If the adhesive sticks to the epoxy mesh then it's all I ask. Weber printing "not recommended for resin backed" all over their tech sheets is what's made me pause. In reality it seems to stick extremely well so either they're being cautious (can't blame them) or the bond may fail in time.

Ian

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Resin backed stone - adhesive in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm having a nightmare trying to establish product info from distributors. For example...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
Hello to the forum. I am a carpenter and have undertaken tiling in my own house. I completed the...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB