Discuss Retail Mark Up in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

magga

TF
Nottingham
I itemise everything, even in full bathroom and kitchen refits! Might seem a bit OTT, but it makes sure you're not paying for bits here and there out of your own pocket. It's like someone mentioned screws for hardie, you gotta charge for things like that!

As for markup, it depends what it is really. I will generally mark up trade prices by 20%, but often it depends on the time and fuel I've used picking stuff up.

I think you've gotta be careful marking stuff up too much, it only takes a quick google for the customer to see how much it actually costs.

M

MTiler

My prices for materials are the same whoever the customer. I don't charge for consumables, I think that's a bit Ott. I charge £25 per bag of adhesive or leveller. £20 per bag of grout. £5 silicone. That's about it, I don't charge for primer or anything. Trims, £5 plastic, £15 metal.

Thats similar to me, but I do also charge for primer and screws etc when needed.

F

Flintstone

I itemise everything, even in full bathroom and kitchen refits! Might seem a bit OTT, but it makes sure you're not paying for bits here and there out of your own pocket. It's like someone mentioned screws for hardie, you gotta charge for things like that!

As for markup, it depends what it is really. I will generally mark up trade prices by 20%, but often it depends on the time and fuel I've used picking stuff up.

I think you've gotta be careful marking stuff up too much, it only takes a quick google for the customer to see how much it actually costs.

A customer recently moaned at me saying he had been on Google and found the same adhesive for £15. I explained I don't buy it online and I buy it from a local shop and have to pick it up etc. Only person that's ever said anything but we were disputing prices anyway.

smokie899

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Put consumables in the price with small mark up, but don't let on.
Then boss (wife) leaves the room and husband acts the boss looking a few quid off.
Then explain that he already has ie primer, self level clips, spacers, screws and silicone.
I'm happy as I've covered the costs with small profit and they are happy as they think they saved a few quid lol

W

White Room

A customer recently moaned at me saying he had been on Google and found the same adhesive for £15. I explained I don't buy it online and I buy it from a local shop and have to pick it up etc. Only person that's ever said anything but we were disputing prices anyway.[/QUOTE

Get them to order it then, I'm sure the delivery would make them change there mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Retail Mark Up in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views
G
Had to smile at this but if anyone offended by language etc I will remove but cant see it having...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G
Hey guys and girls, Hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year. I had a fairly mellow one...
Replies
Views
D
IDEA BRIGHT 212 NEW KINGS ROAD LONDON SW6 4NZ Prefered stockists of PORSADRILL diamond core...
Replies
Views
G
1. Nick Helm – “I needed a password eight characters long so I picked Snow White and the Seven...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB