Discuss Review of various tools in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jimbob

Here are the tools I have recently used, and my thoughts......:thumbsup:

Rubi TX700
I have one word to describe this piece of equipment: PHENOMENAL!
Didn't put a foot wrong the entire time - any wastage was entirely down to my own incompetence rather than the Rubi. Any cut down to 20mm from the tile edge and it was perfect. Considering it was porcelain, I even abandoned any attempt at technique - no snapping action or wrist movement - just score and press down on the breaker arm and it worked every time. Never used the measuring arm, as I always marked my cuts in situ and then just score to my mark, so can't comment on that aspect of it. Heavy too, so avoids the need for a gym membership :thumbsup:

My score: 10/10

Norton Clipper TT200EM
Well impressed with this too. 900w wet cutter for £130, complete with carry case and TWO diamond blades! Went through the porcelain like a knife to butter. It was cutting a bit slower by the end, but after 16m2 of porcelain I'm not surprised, and it might have been me occasionally pushing it through more than I should, and letting the water level drop a fraction too much occasionally. No doubt after putting a little sandstone through it it will be good as new, and if it ain't - just use the spare blade.
Only slight downside is that the table did start to rust after the first days use, so i'll knock a mark off..

My score: 9/10

Rubimix 9 BL
Another brilliant piece of kit for under £100. Speed dial on the handle so it can be increased or reduced as it is mixing gives good control. I wouldn't like to think how I would have mixed so much addy without one. Each batch was as creamy as the first. My only gripe, probably a bit harsh considering the cheap price, was that some sort of case would have been nice, so i'll knock a mark off for that...

My score: 9/10

Bosch GTL3 Tile laser
Bought this as I thought, once I had marked my key tile position, I would use this to make sure I was staying square on with the hall, if you get my meaning. Decided to dry lay tiles first though and go from there, so didn't really use it much. Only thing I will say is that laser seemed to be a bit faint after a couple of metres or so, but as I've no other lasers to compare it with I don't know if this is normal. I'll give it a token score, as it feels sturdy and well made..

My score: 7/10

Rubiclean Washboy
Again, good bit of kit. Only fault is that decantation grid, or whatever its called, is very high up, so it has to be pretty much filled to the top to be used. Makes it a bit hard to move without being careful.

My score: 8/10

Selection of Rubi trowels, and Rubi grout float
Can't fault 'em - did the job. Score 9/10

Uheat PCM2000 installation monitor
Great for peace of mind when laying. Only downside is that I couldn't listen to any music. Score 9/10

Reply to Review of various tools in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hi - I ripped up laminate flooring on a concrete subfloor. It was my first DIY project and...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Review of various tools
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.