Discuss Right or wrong ? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TJ Smiler

Absolutely no way would i not be paid for that job, it looks good to me and she is just being an awkward *****. She hired you for your experience, skill, knowledge and time and this involves leaving you to make a decision on something, you made a decision to tile it the way you did because you thought that was what would look the best. Yeah, you could have done this and done that but they are just according to personal opinions, everyone agrees it's a nice job. I despise customers like this. NO WAY would i be doing that again unless she paid me the original full price. Failing that, if she didn't pay i would be taking them all off the wall and leaving them there.

This type of customer is a total mickey taker and i am completely sick of them......... Get your money mate and don't re-tile.

M

m3fitter

but double cut either side of window ? really ! I was taught different to this, you're meant to be looking at tiles, not grout lines... I don't mean to be argumentative but I think we should put this to the vote we all know we can get paid on most jobs as the client doesn't look at tiling everyday, but.... if another tiler looks at your work, this is the benchmark as they can see right from wrong...
example: a client the other day wanted skirtings to match the courses on a 600x300 floor, one side 600 skirtings and 300mm on the left and right, I said this is highly unusual and persuaded them to have all 600mm skirtings, in the end they thanked me for my experience and the end result, I think we have a duty to point out potential irregularities... we get paid for our expertise, knowledge as well as manual skill..
ps: I think you should have been paid for it, as the tiling looks fine, and a setting out issue, does not warrant not paying
In summing up, the real issue is the tiler, not being as confident as he should be, stating the reasons why this and that would look better, clarifying it, and doing his job as a tradesman, as opposed to allowing an amateur to dictate the way the job went i'm afraid.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Right or wrong ? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB