Discuss Rubbish Removal in the General Off-topic Chat area at TilersForums.com.

Somerset
I am a licensed waste carrier, and I pay (about £110/tonne) to dispose of it. Waste disposal is highlighted in red in my terms and conditions and is clearly identified in the written quote, yet....

Every now and then a customer tries to get free waste disposal. Just like they sometimes try to get free siliconing of their kitchen work tops when I silicone the shower. Or try to get a damaged floor tile repaired whilst I am retailing the bathroom.

Legally they don't have a leg to stand on when I refuse without payment. Of course I may use my discretion in some cases.

I now charge customers £150 to dispose of a van load of rubbish, but only agree to take away when a skip is not a practical option (imho a skip is always best option for tradesman). I got the waste licence at £185 for 3 years, and it saves a huge amount of hassle sometimes. The licenses now come with a responsibility to sort the waste and recycle as much as possible. I am not a tree hugger but agree we cannot landfill so much and try and comply as much as possible. I have also noticed some builders sorting waste on site before disposal.

To answer the original post from Andy Allen - it's just a cantankerous customer, stand your ground, waste disposal costs you money and is not included in the quote.

Q

Qwerty

This has been a sobering read.....anyone in the Blandford/N Dorset area recommend a carrier to take small loads thats not worth the £90+ for a hippo?...I guess v small loads the customer can take to local tip? I suppose, say a small job doing a small splash back I cant very well add another £50+ for disposal...would make a simple say £60 job nearly £120?

Leave it for the customer to dispose of. The customer can take a whole bathroom rip out to the tip. It may take them a few weeks as restrictions on amounts of rubble & plasterboard waste, but that's their headache, not mine! :)

Reply to Rubbish Removal in the General Off-topic Chat area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Do you think it would be ok to tile over this wall after the removal of the original tiles?
Replies
Views
got an 80m2 porcelain job upcoming ....seagrass carpet currently down on top of foam backed...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Is it possible to remove the plastic trim from the edge of tiling. I want to tile...
Replies
Views
Some helpful advice/opinion would be appreciated... Existing tiles on walls, some of the walls...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond