Discuss Rubbish Removal in the General Off-topic Chat area at TilersForums.com.

B

bcd-87

Might loose a job because I can't (or rather won't ) remove the waste......got to rip out a shower area that's been leaking, not my job btw, so about 7 m2 of tiles all the plaster board shower door ect so not a small amount.
It's a nightmare going to the local tip, vans have to be booked in to go there, told him I can bag it all up for him to take f.o.c , or he can get a skip and we can chuck it in there......but he's adamant my price should include the waste removal. ....which it doesn't state anywhere on my quote it dose..

mines in my T&Cs mate, i bag it and will place it where ever they want but thats it

I

Ian

O

Old Mod

Exactly mate....got no problem getting a skip or a hippo as long as he pays for it. ....but he seems to think my price should automatically of included waste removal. ...lol
Well u can't automatically include something you're not licensed for, now can u!
But I always state, Removal of waste not included but can be arranged!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
No ,not allowed on the tip in a van,and at the end of the day who's rubbish is it anyway, i have had customers say to me are you taking your rubbish with you

Thats exactly right - since when did you become the owner of rubbish from their house

J

J Sid

I've just done a dummy fill out of the form and it wanted £154, I'd assume that that's because of plasterboard and other building waste. 99% of jobs I'm on now have a skip so it's not something I need really.
Are you a limited company? If yes that's why you pay I believe.
I am sure you need this license to transport any waste, even if it's from materials you have supplied.

O

One Day

Are you a limited company? If yes that's why you pay I believe.
I am sure you need this license to transport any waste, even if it's from materials you have supplied.

We have to pay for inert waste disposal now - domestic or otherwise. And we can only get 12 bags per year.
So you pay your council tax and now because all services are privatised they want more profit.
Hence the "environmental surcharges" - to save some polar bears.

Reply to Rubbish Removal in the General Off-topic Chat area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Do you think it would be ok to tile over this wall after the removal of the original tiles?
Replies
Views
got an 80m2 porcelain job upcoming ....seagrass carpet currently down on top of foam backed...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Is it possible to remove the plastic trim from the edge of tiling. I want to tile...
Replies
Views
Some helpful advice/opinion would be appreciated... Existing tiles on walls, some of the walls...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond