Discuss Rubbish Removal in the General Off-topic Chat area at TilersForums.com.

gamma38

TF
Bedford
As others have said, I make a point of telling the customer that rubbish removal is not allowed for in my estimate but I can arrange a skip. I can't go anywhere near a rubbish tip round my way in the van. So even if I did take it I couldn't get rid of it anywhere. It's no wonder fly tipping is on the increase.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
I have a household waste permit which is free from my local council and linked to my van reg, (no sign writing on my van) so I can use my local tip.
I don't normally include removal of waste but on my last job (full bathroom refit) I said I'd get rid of it for £50.
He loaded my van up while I fitted his shower screen and then I spent 10 mins down the tip - I did spot a few cheeky bits in there like old garden umbrellas etc... but it was still only one trip and the easiest money I've ever earned.

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Northeast
I have a household waste permit which is free from my local council and linked to my van reg, (no sign writing on my van) so I can use my local tip.
I don't normally include removal of waste but on my last job (full bathroom refit) I said I'd get rid of it for £50.
He loaded my van up while I fitted his shower screen and then I spent 10 mins down the tip - I did spot a few cheeky bits in there like old garden umbrellas etc... but it was still only one trip and the easiest money I've ever earned.

Complete opposite for me!! I took pity on an old lady I'd pulled the wall off to re-board and tile in a bathroom, said I'd get rid of that for you, so no vans can use my sites so takes the wife's car round after I'd finished, takes 6 rubble sacks to the tip, cost me £12, £2 per bag, the site now charge for rubble, soil and plasterboard..... I go back to grout up the next day and slips it in to the conversation that it cost me, what did I get, a big fat THANKS!! LOL. never mind, I'll go to heaven, just skint when I get there........

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Might loose a job because I can't (or rather won't ) remove the waste......got to rip out a shower area that's been leaking, not my job btw, so about 7 m2 of tiles all the plaster board shower door ect so not a small amount.
It's a nightmare going to the local tip, vans have to be booked in to go there, told him I can bag it all up for him to take f.o.c , or he can get a skip and we can chuck it in there......but he's adamant my price should include the waste removal. ....which it doesn't state anywhere on my quote it dose..

If you don't have a waste carriers licence you could be fined. Its trsde waste rather thgan domestic. It's something the traffic enforcement teams are cracking down non round here. £2000 per offence.

Reply to Rubbish Removal in the General Off-topic Chat area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Do you think it would be ok to tile over this wall after the removal of the original tiles?
Replies
Views
got an 80m2 porcelain job upcoming ....seagrass carpet currently down on top of foam backed...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Is it possible to remove the plastic trim from the edge of tiling. I want to tile...
Replies
Views
Some helpful advice/opinion would be appreciated... Existing tiles on walls, some of the walls...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks