UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Rubi DW250N problems in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

Yesterday i set my Rubi up to cut some travertine 300x600. When cutting along the 600mm length, just about on the last 150mm cut the blade would wobble and the cut would veer off line resulting in an unnacceptable cut. This happened every time during the day. If i cut the width of the tile i had no problems...only along the length.
I checked everything i could check, wheel in good condition (hasnt done many cuts) Its not warped as it cuts fine the 1st 3 parts of the tile. The bed of the machine was clean and flat. I checked the overhead rail to see if that was twisted, No it was fine. I looked at the bearing wheels that run in the overhead rail and they looked fine.
The only way i could cut a straight line was to mark the tile along its length and watch the wheel as it cut and made any adjustments if i saw it veer off line. Obviously this isnt right !
Then today i got to work and prepared to cut more tiles....Perfect! not one tile cut badly.... What gives here? I made no adjustments and now it cuts fine.
The only thing i can find now is, if you hold the black handle by the motor to pull the wheel through the tile and twist yoour wrist. This will make the whole motor assembly inc the cutting wheel move 10mm either way. What i could do with is finding someone who has the same machine and comparing tolerances.
Any thoughts ??

D

DHTiling

DW200n.the handles on the top same as 250n...:huh2:

r.dw200n-370.jpg

R

RichardB

Yesterday i set my Rubi up to cut some travertine 300x600. When cutting along the 600mm length, just about on the last 150mm cut the blade would wobble and the cut would veer off line resulting in an unnacceptable cut. This happened every time during the day. If i cut the width of the tile i had no problems...only along the length.
I checked everything i could check, wheel in good condition (hasnt done many cuts) Its not warped as it cuts fine the 1st 3 parts of the tile. The bed of the machine was clean and flat. I checked the overhead rail to see if that was twisted, No it was fine. I looked at the bearing wheels that run in the overhead rail and they looked fine.
The only way i could cut a straight line was to mark the tile along its length and watch the wheel as it cut and made any adjustments if i saw it veer off line. Obviously this isnt right !
Then today i got to work and prepared to cut more tiles....Perfect! not one tile cut badly.... What gives here? I made no adjustments and now it cuts fine.
The only thing i can find now is, if you hold the black handle by the motor to pull the wheel through the tile and twist yoour wrist. This will make the whole motor assembly inc the cutting wheel move 10mm either way. What i could do with is finding someone who has the same machine and comparing tolerances.
Any thoughts ??

I have the same cutter and I am suffering the same problem.
Over 300mm width it veres off by 6mm.
Rubi rep has been out as they did not believe me and now its come back from Rubi after being set up and it's still the same.

What did you do to get yours sorted as this is driving me insane.

Thanks
Richard

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Rubi DW250N problems in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
For sale this 1yr old Rubi tile cutter with 2 cutting wheels and cleaning kit Overseas move...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am selling my Rubi Speed Magnet 62 for £150. Less than a year old (purchased July '21)...
Replies
Views
Hi people, i am new to the trade and i am looking to buy a manual tile cutter at my training i...
Replies
Views
Renserve
R
We recently completed the (rectified porcelain) floor tile installation in the bathroom and...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.