Discuss Rubi Ts 60 Plus in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

pursedog

hey guys, was wondering if anyone has had a problem cutting porcelin with the rubi ts 60 plus??
I'm working on a 80sqm shop with expensive 450mm, 10mm thick polished chrome tiles and the cutter is hit abd miss(mainly miss!) it's not leaving clean cuts and most of the time just ruins the tile.
the rubi comes with a 6mm and 10mm scoring wheel, used both buit no luck?

got a day off tomo so if anyone knows what i should be using let me know cause i was sure this would have been appropiate?

T

tubs

Had a problem last week, was cutting 660x330 using my TS70 PLUS, the tile was a 10mm textured porcelain tile was cutting 20mm off the 330 side and every cut snapped inward at the last 20mm at the bottom and ruined every tile, I then phoned RUBI technical help, I thought I was doing somoething wrong, they were in my area the next day promoting the new range of cutters, so I brought a tile with my and myn TS70 and ask the tech guy to cut the 20mm of the 330 side, he diid so and hey presto did the same he blamed it on the tile and then wipped out the new cutter and had no problem,the TS cutters are not upto the job !!

What a waste of £230 !!

T

tiler burden

well you dont have to suffer the ts range anymore do you.

get the new ti-66s...they will faze out the ts range and probably , the tx700n imo due their equal breaking power and massive weight advantage. the new range can cut 66cm and 75cm and theres more planned.

i was taught by darren at nett to score fimly and use a sharp snapping action on porcelain and this cutter relies on this technique heavily. if you push down slowly for pressure, then it doesnt have the same impact as a short sharp execution... the new ti66s can smash ceramics if you press down too firmly so you only tap the handle lightly and they snap clean as a whistle, takes about an hour to get used to but thats it.

fair play to montolit and sigma, they are brilliant and rubi obviously think so in order to emulate them. i wouldn have a ti-66s, monti 63 and sigma before i touch a ts60

Reply to Rubi Ts 60 Plus in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I come from Taiwan and got a 60x120x1.2 floor tile job. But i only have Rubi DU-200L, so...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
I'm looking at a nice manual cutter from rubi. I'm set on a rubi as their parts are easy to get...
Replies
Views
Hi All, hope you're all busy and well. Quick query: setting a floor with Porcelanosa 660 x 440...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
I'm just about to tile a bathroom with 9mm thick porcelain tiles what is the best cutter to buy...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Rubi Ts 60 Plus
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.