Discuss Rubi Ts 60 Plus in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Somerset
Sigma and Montolit cutters are good, but I just cannot get on with them. I learnt on a rubi TS and find the double rail system works better for me, so have now bought a TX700 for those porcelain tiles. Love it.

Rubi are still excellent tools, but the TS system only really works well on ceramics and it struggles to provide consistent clean cuts on porcelain. Dont write it off yet - we are still in a tough economic climate - porcelain and natural stone is expensive - ceramic is not.

Finally, I was taught to use a soft and clean cutting stroke on tiles using the TS - but porcelain will not cut cleanly with a soft stroke. As someone else noted, a firm even pressuire on the cut, followed by 1 or 2 sharp taps on the breaker handle works best. For rough porcelain an 18 or 22 mm wheel scored twice along tile is contrary to everything I was taught on cutting, but it works.

Best advice a Rubi rep gave me, "on unpredictable or difficult tiles, try a couple of practice cuts on a spare tile first - helps decide which technique works best on tile cutting."

The Monolit MasterPiuma 63-PC will arrive tomorrow, interested to see how it performs. Too many beneficial options to pass up the purchase. I get lots of 60x40 porcelain and the time it has taken me to do stuff recently has been a nonsense.

Probably just e-bay the TS60. It needs a new breaker and tool holder so about £100 for something which has been great but in reality is just too long in the tooth and not that good compared to more recent ones'. [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Reply to Rubi Ts 60 Plus in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I come from Taiwan and got a 60x120x1.2 floor tile job. But i only have Rubi DU-200L, so...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
I'm looking at a nice manual cutter from rubi. I'm set on a rubi as their parts are easy to get...
Replies
Views
Hi All, hope you're all busy and well. Quick query: setting a floor with Porcelanosa 660 x 440...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
I'm just about to tile a bathroom with 9mm thick porcelain tiles what is the best cutter to buy...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Rubi Ts 60 Plus
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.