Discuss Rubi TS60 - what scoring wheel? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I have recently bought a Rubi TS60 cutter second hand, seems in great condition (virtually indestructible). However, the 6mm scoring wheel that it has seems worn out, can anyone recommend what wheel I should get to replace it; there are 6mm, 8mm, 10mm available. I plan to use it for a floor job coming up; big glossy porcelain tiles. Will a 6mm wheel be adequate?
Many thanks for your advice.. :)

Thanks for the advice guys, I am planning to get a few different for different work, saw a rubi video and was astonished to see how simple it was for (trained professional :) ) to snap his floor tiles; I can see this tool will be a valuable investment for saving time; fed up using the wet saw for these tiles!

Sean you have a pm.

There are also 10mm wheels - what are they for? Then there are these "Gold" ones - presumably they are anodized with Al2 and not Au, they are advertized as longer lasting - but they are all made from Tungsten carbide - how does one last longer than another? No doubt some of you have tried the different types and will through experience know which last longer; I'd appreciate your input about this :)

ts really struggles with porcelain tiles mate but for any ceramic it is a great acuurate cutter, for porc id go for a tx700 they are brilliant. its just down to the snapping system is a lot greater

I did come across some implications that it was for ceramic - but it's pretty big for ceramic tiles and figured a lot of it is down to the scoring wheel maybe...

I tile with 600mm ceramics most days atm mate so it is a practical cutter, its not the scoring that's the broblem it is they way the cutter breaks the tile it doesn't have the strength of some other cutters

Just break the tile on the corner of the cutter.( good method for diagonals that doesnt bust the corners)

I've just finished 6 mths on a site fixing P'nosa on walls and 30x30 & 44x44 P'nosa porcs on the floor and did it all with a Rubi Star N 50 plus with a 6mm wheel. Because I didnt want to lug my TXN around flat after flat.

Diggy :)

O

One Day

I have a rubi ts40 plus wich I love and a tr700 that I hate, the latter will be replaced with a sigma at some point

Probably for the reason I stated above.
Don't get me wrong on this - Rubi are great on smaller tiles but they simply can't cut it on the big and tough stuff.
Anyone who says yes they can is in complete denial or hasn't had a go with Sigma.

M

Mr Tiler

Probably for the reason I stated above.
Don't get me wrong on this - Rubi are great on smaller tiles but they simply can't cut it on the big and tough stuff.
Anyone who says yes they can is in complete denial or hasn't had a go with Sigma.

well im not in denial, I have used a sigma and I am simply giving my opinion that the rubi tx 700 can cut big small fat or thin. I havnt used all sorts of tiles but polished porc is regular and that machine cuts it like a dream with no issue

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Rubi TS60 - what scoring wheel? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone. Tiling my bathroom first time and going well so far! 600x300 ceramics on walls and...
Replies
Views
Hi All, hope you're all busy and well. Quick query: setting a floor with Porcelanosa 660 x 440...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
I
    • Informative
    • Winner
yesterday I discovered what the titanium engraving wheel is for of my sigma (the gold color)...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, its my first post on there though have been gaining useful tips for a while so thanks...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, I normally post over in diynot for general DIY but wrt tiling over timber I need some...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB