UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Rubi TX700 alternative in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Why preferably twin rails?, is it becuase this is what your used to, or have you tried single rail and not got on with it?

I used my mate Ozboz's Sigma for two weeks not long ago, still can't get on with it. The single rail I find very hard to see pencil marks, the twin rail Rubi does it for me everytime. Each to their own and all that, I know Sigma are a good machine, but I will stick to Rubi.

We will have to re-start the Rubi vs Sigma war again.:lol:

I

Ian

The war is over Phil. Sigma won. The ninja's red head band sits as a tropthy in the Sigma store. :hurray:

Ah yes I remember that video, the one where tiles were cut in half over and over again.........just like in real a real life tiling situation :lol: My tx700 cut a 15mm strip off a 70cm porcelain tile today without breaking it, it probably wouldn't have cut it in half but, I didn't need to, nor will I ever need to :lol:

I

Ian

Ha. Cheers. It's never going to end is it. I will say that Rubi are very good cutters. Been around for a long time (some say too long) and well known. Each to their own on cutters. Whatever works for you at the end of the day is all that counts. I will not get invloved in anymore Rubi v Sigma threads.
:thumbsup:

Sigma is the best!. Shoosh..

Very gracious in defeat, that's nice. But, being serious, I'm going to try a sigma one day an then properly compare, I still need a 900mm cutter for my collection so maybe that will be my time to try one, it won't match all my red cases but maybe it will fit in a rubi box!

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Ah yes I remember that video, the one where tiles were cut in half over and over again.........just like in real a real life tiling situation :lol: My tx700 cut a 15mm strip off a 70cm porcelain tile today without breaking it, it probably wouldn't have cut it in half but, I didn't need to, nor will I ever need to :lol:

Ah yes Bri, I remember Gary and Ray going head to head, I think that was very much tongue in cheek. But in real life any tiler who needs to cut a 5mm/10mm sliver, also needs lessons in setting out. Long may Rubi rule.:thumbsup:just trying to stir it up a bit:lol:

Reply to Rubi TX700 alternative in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
Rubi TZ-850 Manual Tile Cutter. Condition is used only for one domestic floor tiling job, so is...
Replies
Views
C
Hi All, Im new to the forum, so go easy with me!!! Im after some advice please. I purchased a...
Replies
Views
One Day
O
Bearing Scoring Wheels for RUBI Tile Cutters - Used them? Any good? They've been out for a...
Replies
Views
R
Hi Guy's I'm looking at buying a new Rubi....I like them so sticking with them. I like how the...
Replies
Views
J
Hi, I'm looking for a Rubi Dv-200 or similar rail cutter, in good condition, Reasonable priced...
Replies
Views
White Room
W

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.