UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Scotland to be independent or not? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I know we've got a bunch of Scottish lads on here. So what's your view on this Scotland becoming independent thing?

Are you up for it or would your prefer to stay part of the UK?

My view is if Scotland is to become independent, then they need to be fully independent and not have tax given by Westminster in any shape or form. I think Scotland could stand it's own ground too to be honest. Energy seems to be a nice income for Scotland and if sold to the rest of the UK could sustain itself.

Can't see any cons to the argument to be honest either.

I think we should even let London become it's own country too haha - Olympic Stadium, Millenium Dome, High Speed Shuttle, what else are the rest of the UK spending on that they never benefit from?!?!?!?

Anything norf of watford should be England, London should be United State of London, and Scotland should do whatever they think is best. :lol:

G

Gall.B

I am personally for it and think its the best thing for Scotland.

But lets get one thing straight guys the misconception that Scotland lives on handouts and subsidy is outdated propo ganda and a myth!
Our country contributes to the treasury in ONE year than it recives in twenty FACT.

I understand this is a very thorny issue at present and any body spouting inacurate statements should make sure they do there reaearch welL, how many do you know of that are oil rich and become poorer in the process.

The majority of my friend, family and workmates are all for it and are sick of being branded the poor relation.

G

Gall.B

they may be independant soon, wales are talking about leaving too then n. ireland may join too. rats deserting the sinking ship springs to mind :lol:

How can colonised Nations taken by force Desert?

On that logic are the people of the U.S., South Africa, India, Australia, Canada, Irish Republic etc all rats?

Will be intresting to see how the Falklands situation develops too.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
A recent survey showed that more English want them to be independent than the Scots themselves. They know which side their bread is buttered on . Also, who rescued their largest employer, RBS? And then you've got the issue of how much they would owe to start with as their percentage of the national debt! They'd end up like Rangers within a very short space of time.

As my mate always says, Scotland, the country that bankrupted the toothfairy. :smilewinkgrin:

G

Gall.B

A recent survey showed that more English want them to be independent than the Scots themselves. They know which side their bread is buttered on . Also, who rescued their largest employer, RBS? And then you've got the issue of how much they would owe to start with as their percentage of the national debt! They'd end up like Rangers within a very short space of time.

As my mate always says, Scotland, the country that bankrupted the toothfairy. :smilewinkgrin:

Not one piece of truth in any of that John more like a fairy tale but a suppose if you get your info from your mate

We could pay our share of RBS and still be in the black, before what you say about the hand that feeds you, if you bother to look in to the facts instead of letting your mate let you look a fool might be wise. :smilewinkgrin:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Not one piece of truth in any of that John more like a fairy tale but a suppose if you get your info from your mate

We could pay our share of RBS and still be in the black, before what you say about the hand that feeds you, if you bother to look in to the facts instead of letting your mate let you look a fool might be wise. :smilewinkgrin:

Britain divided over Scottish independence - Telegraph

There's your fact!!!

The toothfairy bit refers to the lack of teeth some people may have in Scotland therefore bankrupting the toothfairy. That bit was the joke.

S

Stef

I dont think Scotland should go independent, I think Mr Salmonds head is in cloud cuckoo land.

Im sick of this feeling that we get more than our fair share though, We could stand alone quite easily with all the oil we could sell to England.

We will be selling England water soon enough.

I see David Cameron is offering "Sweeteners" to "us" Scots now if we reject independence.

I think he is a muppet just like Alex Salmond, I dont think it will matter what ever happens as it wont make any difference to the common working man.

S

Spud

I am personally for it and think its the best thing for Scotland.

But lets get one thing straight guys the misconception that Scotland lives on handouts and subsidy is outdated propo ganda and a myth!
Our country contributes to the treasury in ONE year than it recives in twenty FACT.

I understand this is a very thorny issue at present and any body spouting inacurate statements should make sure they do there reaearch welL, how many do you know of that are oil rich and become poorer in the process.

The majority of my friend, family and workmates are all for it and are sick of being branded the poor relation.
Weapons ,we have the second biggest arms industry in the world and are the 6th largest manufacturing ecconomy ,I love scotland and the scottish ,as a union we are all stronger and its a shame that there are scots who feel that they would be better on their own but if thats how the majority of scots feel then go for it but both countries will suffer badly if we do split the union

G

Gall.B

I dont think Scotland should go independent, I think Mr Salmonds head is in cloud cuckoo land.

Im sick of this feeling that we get more than our fair share though, We could stand alone quite easily with all the oil we could sell to England.

We will be selling England water soon enough.

Fair do's Steff, if they only knew how much we payed for and more, redfaces the lot of them the truth is slowly coming out.
Have they never wondered why westminster is desperatley hanging on to the Union if we are such a burden.

Not Ecks biggest fan but he has done some job given his hands are halfway up his back free prescriptions, free school meals, no tution fees etc..... Oh and the SNP govement have not or will not enter in to an ilegal war!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
http://endlondonrule.blogspot.com/2012/02/truth-would-independent-scotland-be.ht

How ironic the crest of a bankrupt club as your avatar John.

As everybody knows polls mean nothing, just look at what the polls predicted up here in May, Then the NATIONALIST party trounced everybody.

There is NO facts in your article John only propoganda and speculation.

TBH I don't care cos it won't affect me either way. I love Scotland, worked there a long time ago, Falkirk, Ayr, Aberdeen, Perth :smilewinkgrin:

Oh And I think you'll find that Leeds WERE in administration but the wonderful Mr Bates has managed to steer us out of that hole.

Reply to Scotland to be independent or not? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

M
Hi all, I am going to a play tomorrow night an it is about 4 tilers. Did anyone on the forum...
Replies
Views
M
J
IF YOUVE HAD A BAD CLIENT RECENTLY READ ABOUT THIS ONE . MAY MAKEYOU FEEL BETTER THEJOB FROM...
Replies
Views
The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP
T
D
Fancy a day out checking out the latest ideas for home building. The UK's BIGGEST self build...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 9966
D
THIS IS LABOUR GOVERNMENT REST OF THE WORLD VERSION: The squirrel works hard in the...
Replies
Views
kevin.young
K
U
Been dithering whether to write about this and decided to just in case this ever happens to...
Replies
Views
user123
U

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.