Discuss Screed with central heating pipe duct in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Jackswan

Just after some advice on what adhesive to use.

Screed laid about a year ago and running across it is a duct which carry the central heating pipes. Duct is made of external grade ply with a screwed down cover. It's roughly 125 mm wide and 2.5 metres long. Totally forgot about the duct until I lifted the hardboard protecting the floor tonight.

Porcelain tiles 500 x 500 are being laid on the screed and I have been provided with Tilemaster Rapid set adhesive. Should I use a flexible adhesive where the tiles run across the ducting?

Just another question should the screed be primed with anything first before laying the adhesive?

Any advice would be welcome.
Cheers

J

Jackswan

Ok I now see what is meant by an uncoupling membrane.
Also in the floor screed is a double seal inspection cover set at the correct height for tiles. If I was to fit this membrane the surface of the screed I assume would rise above the height of the inspection cover.
jackswan-albums-kitchen-picture19314-imag0334.jpg

jackswan-albums-kitchen-picture19315-imag0335.jpg

Above is a photo of the duct and the position that the tiles will take across it.

J

Jackswan

Thanks whitebeam, sounds good.
Just reading a posting on this forum
cracking screeds/tiles and underfloor heating
about cracks in screeds and how to repair them before tiles are fitted.
Using PCI PECILASTIC which apparently is only 0.8mm thick, but is it any good? This would be a good solution if it could just be laid say 6 inches either side of the ducting.
Where would I be able to obtain some of this from if it was suitable?

Reply to Screed with central heating pipe duct in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone, I am new to this forum and I'm looking for your experts' advice in a situation...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Screed with central heating pipe duct
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.