UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss screeding, different screeds course???? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi all,

not been on the forum for a while, thankfully been really busy, hope everyone else is doing well.
Reason for this thread is to ask if anyone knows of any course you can do in floor screeding and about all different types of floor screeds etc. I feel confident screeding small floors but really want to be able to screed large areas better, also just want to educate myself on all types of floor screeds and prep reqired, drying times etc.

Thanks for any pointers, Lee.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Hi all,

not been on the forum for a while, thankfully been really busy, hope everyone else is doing well.
Reason for this thread is to ask if anyone knows of any course you can do in floor screeding and about all different types of floor screeds etc. I feel confident screeding small floors but really want to be able to screed large areas better, also just want to educate myself on all types of floor screeds and prep reqired, drying times etc.

Thanks for any pointers, Lee.

I am currently working with some people to develop a screeding apprenticeship course. There are a few courses through the CITB but sadly most of the courses I have seen are woefully out of step with current building practice and British standards. The last review of British standards for screeds was in 2003. Technology has moved forward since. Manufacturers courses are often a good starting point but make sure you talk to experts who actually know what they are talking about as opposed to experts who work from a script. There are lots of "expert" screeders about.......

Thanks for the info guys, I'm not really looking to do a quick course and be a screeder, I really want to learn about all different types of screed so when I walk onto a job I can just say 'that is *** screed or you should screed using *** and leave to dry for *** days, weeks etc'.
Some good pointers on screening large areas would also just give me more confidence when I level a large floor.
I didn't think there was many or any courses out there, maybe a market for someone.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to screeding, different screeds course???? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, We're having our downstairs tiles installed soon, about 82m2 of 1.2x1.2m square...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.