Discuss screw through pipes ?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Perry

do you not screw the backer board down? (as well as adhesive) and the op said the pipe was hit due to the floorboards being screwed down to prevent deflection
Always screw to boards down but at the edges of the board the pipes shouldn't be in the middle but when boards have been taken up to relay pipes the should be screwed so would lift a couple and check the where the pipes go

P

Perry

Always screw to boards down but at the edges of the board the pipes shouldn't be in the middle but when boards have been taken up to relay pipes the should be screwed so would lift a couple and check the where the pipes go
That's got confused no I don't screw backer board down just floor boards
Predictive text it does my head in lol

Last edited by a moderator:
D

davebates

Why would you ? I wouldn't screw the tiles down

because the installation instructions tell you to ??

Attach HardieBacker® cement board to subfloor
  • Apply a supporting bed of mortar or modified thinset to subfloor using a 1/4" square-notched trowel.
  • Embed HardieBacker cement board firmly and evenly in the wet mortar.
  • Use the fastener pattern as a guide. Fasten HardieBacker cement board with specified nails or screws (as listed in "Materials Required") every 8" over the entire surface. Keep fasteners 3/8" from board edges and 2" in from board corners.
  • Set fastener heads flush with the surface without overdriving.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to screw through pipes ?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all! So I got to a job yesterday downstairs wetroom floor with mains underfloor heating...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
screw through pipes ??
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.