Discuss Sealing Porceline tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

anthonyric2010

Hi Guys

Im looking for the correct type of sealant for sealing a matt rustic effect exterion PORCELINE tile I was reccomended a make called Fila.

Although It said it was for this type of tiles and having applied it as of the discructions in this case after a couple of days it all started to flake. This product was reccomended by a large building company In spain.

Anyone know reccoment a good product please.

Many thanks Anthony

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
anthonyric2010 it's flaking because these tiles do not need sealing. All you are doing is painting on sealer and the sealer is just sitting on top of the porcelain tile. If the tile was a polished porcelain tile then it would need sealing. Test this theory by putting a bead of water on the tile. I guarantee you the water will not penetrate the tile. Do not buy any more sealer! Cheers Sean

A

anthonyric2010

Thanks Sean

anthonyric2010 it's flaking because these tiles do not need sealing. All you are doing is painting on sealer and the sealer is just sitting on top of the porcelain tile. If the tile was a polished porcelain tile then it would need sealing. Test this theory by putting a bead of water on the tile. I guarantee you the water will not penetrate the tile. Do not buy any more sealer! Cheers Sean

Many thanks for this.. The tiles which are down mark very easily as there a matt rustic type so black soled shoes mark the tile instantly any suggestiond apart from removing you shoes...?

Cheers Anthony

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Sealing Porceline tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

So I had to seal some slate the other week which I did with a paint brush. Just wondered if...
Replies
Views
P
Hello From this forum I understand that I need to seal before jointing and understand that I...
Replies
Views
Peter Knight
P
I have some 100mm sq limestone tiles that are being fixed in my bathroom and need to seal them...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
O
Is it feasible to grout crema g Limestone prior to sealing? Not something I would normally do...
Replies
Views
T
Hi guys I am after a bit of advice. I have spent some time reading through posts but it all...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB