Discuss self employment..... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

As for my tools mate I have been working the last few months and have only recently signed back on... Labouring in the day... Tiling on the nites and weekends. All the work I have done for free I havnt cut any corners on so there would be no chance of me conning anyone out of there hard earned. Also I walk away from these jobs and I cant sleep wishing I was still there tiling lol. i dont feel like getting into previous posts as it ended up getting petty and pretty immature. The last couple of days this thread has actually been playing on my mind and am doubting my abilities. But that wont be long until I get my hands on a trowel... For someone who is so enthusiastic about this trade and would put so much back into it some of you should be ashamed of yaselvs... I see myself as a hard worker.. Not a chancer or a conman. I would rather work 70.hours a week than sit at home smoking weed and drinkin my dhole money away.

Ash mate I will never be ashamed of myself, because I have spent my whole life honing my skills. I have been there and done that, I am not whistling dixie here. I think I am a decent tiler, I have worked all over this world and been foreman to some of the best tilers on this (or any other planet). I don't see enthusiasm ever replacing experience.

I do wish you well in your efforts but as said above don't get ahead of yourself. Tiling is a very highly skilled trade. And always will be, if it is done right.

M

Mr T

Its clear that you have some passion for the trade but you need the skills to go with it before you can start charging people. End of

I never said I didnt agree with people who have already said this matey. And il be happy to let you guys judge the work I do from now on and then hopefully I can get the pros support and advice in the future. Its not all about the money for me and maybe ive jumped the gun a bit... Im just eager lol.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Don't mind me while I bump some old but popular threads to see if the topic is still active in some way. Wondering if either the original idea or original issue still exists. I've done this with quite a few threads, so don't be offended if this is just jargon these days and not applicable. But I thought there might be a small chance a small percentage of the small number of threads might just be slightly applicable and the thread could get a new lease of life.

Reply to this if you've read a bit and have something to say. :)
There IS going to be a bigger chance when i do this, that the thread is dead. So don't worry if that's the case, just don't reply to it, and we'll all move on and let the thread drop out of view again.

Bump Bump Bump

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to self employment..... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all, I havent been in the business of tiling long. With that being said as someone...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, new to the forum and after some advice if possible. Without boring you with my life...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB