Discuss self employment..... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

Ian you have been tiling for 2 years mate hahahaha how is it your looking down your nose at me?It wasnt too long Ago you was in the same position I am now lol.
Ash, you are bordering on tolling now, please stop enticing other members into giving a reaction, all that will happen is, either your posts will be deleted or, you will get banned. As you have said, this forum has been a wealth of knowledge for you, don't ruin it by trolling.

I

ianflem

Ian you have been tiling for 2 years mate hahahaha how is it your looking down your nose at me?It wasnt too long Ago you was in the same position I am now lol.

LOL,Ash Read the spec m8.Joined in Dec 2011 had been tiling 2 years on my own,That was 2 years ago = 4 years Doh ! Proir to that had worked with local tiler
for 3.5 years before going on course and thinking about going it alone.Luckily enough through reputation got scooped up by an High end interior design
company and aint ever looked back.I dont look down my nose at NO-ONE m8....If you cant read a post or profile then what chance has an Adhesive bag got ?

I

Ian

FFS....Really?.........close the thread and lets all move on......
I feel uncomfortable with the whole thing.....its not educational, nor is it funny.............and it is not doing anyone any good............IMO

nite nite

Lee
no need to close the thread Lee, everyone is entitled to have their say, however, if it gets abusive/personal then edits wlll be made.

S

Stef

Jesus, what have I missed??

Just took me nearly an hour to read this..

All I'm going to say is,
Mr T (Ash) your enthusiasm has to be commended but you are on a steep learning curve.

I live up here in sunny Scotland & a lot of sayings are the same meaning.

If I was "Laying you in" I would be grassing on you,
I'm not a snitch.
& if I was "laying you out" I would be going go to her Majesty's for a holiday!!

Again.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Ash I've had three calls this week alone asking if I wanted to take on a government funded apprentice. There are ways and means out there for you to educate yourself properly and earn as well. I personally don't think youve bothered to look into it, and what your actually doing is thinking thatbthisnis easy and you're seeing pound signs.
Starting out on your own with little or no experience, and as self employed is going to be hard for you. Especially with no rapport behind you.
You say your going to declare everything? Well lets say for example you do a kitchen splashback back one week. That's all you have on your books that week. Lets also say for arguments sake that that job earns you a top line of £250.00.

Take that and deduct profit tax, NI contributions, fuel, car tax, van insurance, public liability! See what you're left with. I think your a bit blinkered mate and trying to run before you can walk.

M

Mr T

I may agree ali maybe I am running before I can walk... but I only started this thread to get feedback on what the pros think of me trying to earn a little money for the jobs I can actually do properly... and I was attacked not advised or criticized that's why I went on the defencive and I do apologise to ianflem I was just fed up with some of the petty comments made on this thread. I don't even need to go self employed I just have to inform my advisor that I have done some work and how much I charged. ive really looked into it mate and ive tried every avenue... theres just nothing around my way at all. I couldn't even get on a course as there was a minimum sign up list and would be waiting months so I took it upon myself to do some work for my family and friends to gain some experience. I know its not the best way but the jobs ive completed have been really nice overall and no comlaints as of yet. I love the trade... I take pride in my work... im enthusiastic and determined to learn the rite way... I just cant find the rite way to do so...... but thank you to the guys actually trying to advise me and even the criticism.

M

Mr T

its not like I don't get the point of the pros tho but last night some folks were going on like im out to rip people off with shoddy work. and then it changed from one issue to another and at the end of the day if I don't pay tax on a job what does that have to do with anyone other than me and the tax man? you all have done it at least once in your carrers I don't care what you guys say lol. the people who make the rules for tax dodge tax so and there millionares so why should people on thisa site be so botherd about me? as long as the job is done correctly nobody on this site should have any sort of real issue with me. and im not saying I want to avoid tax at all before people start jumpin down me throat lol.

Reply to self employment..... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all, I havent been in the business of tiling long. With that being said as someone...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, new to the forum and after some advice if possible. Without boring you with my life...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB