Discuss self employment..... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Protilers

Interested that you say that lee .
do you really only have to show the statements and not supporting invoices.
i was told this by my new business manager at Barclays but he got sacked within two months of appointment .
My dad is an old school accountant retired for 25 years and he always insists that I have support invoices which can never be wrong but maybe times have really changed and you can get away with just statements.
i would be very interested to hear your comments

Hello Johnny!...hope you are well............but what I ment was....

everyone has to submit thier invoices, that is a given (i thought anyway!).......and you also submit you bank account statements (related to the buisness)
.......your invoices are then tied to your purchases and your input from your bank account.....that is how the accountant can work the whole deal out.....

all the best

Lee.....

gamma38

TF
Bedford
I have a guy at the moment following me on jobs that I am quoting and he actually goes in and just half's my quote, I won't go into how I found out it's a long drawn out story. But I am losing out on work to this guy. He is a chancer of the highest order. Greenstar with 600 x 400 stone and so on. Signing on and charging for crap work, although on the face of it the customer doesn't know it's crap. These guy's are as others are saying killing the industry and reputations. I would most definately like to lay this guy out:mad2:

P

Protilers

I have a guy at the moment following me on jobs that I am quoting and he actually goes in and just half's my quote, I won't go into how I found out it's a long drawn out story. But I am losing out on work to this guy. He is a chancer of the highest order. Greenstar with 600 x 400 stone and so on. Signing on and charging for crap work, although on the face of it the customer doesn't know it's crap. These guy's are as others are saying killing the industry and reputations. I would most definately like to lay this guy out:mad2:

dont sweat it.......you will get all of his repair work!!!.....and will charge a premium for it!!!!.....takes a lifetime to build a reputation......and minutes to lose it!!!!!

all the best......and I do feel sorry for you!

Lee

gamma38

TF
Bedford
I've been doing a few re-do's recently lee, in some ways it's good work but at the end of the day in a few years time that customer will still be talking about the dodgy guy that messed it all up, and negative conversations are not the best, not combined with what we are all up against already.

D

Daveshadowman

I think no retaliation to a threat of violence shows that.. "lay you out" does not mean grass you up to the tax man no matter where your from.
Dave did not say lay you out he said lay you in which up here in the north east means grass you up
I now have had enough you are a chancer and good tilers in your area will one day be putting your work right

M

Mr T

I said sorry 4 posts up Dave. I said that earlier and I was wrong about it... Im not a chancer I am a tiler. Not a pro but im better than ameature. tell you what my girlfriends aunty is having a 12 m2 summer house built the end of the month and she wants the floor tiling. Il take step by step pics and see what you pros think? You will see I am not messing about and I am taking this seriously.

O

On one

I said sorry 4 posts up Dave. I said that earlier and I was wrong about it... Im not a chancer I am a tiler. Not a pro but im better than ameature. tell you what my girlfriends aunty is having a 12 m2 summer house built the end of the month and she wants the floor tiling. Il take step by step pics and see what you pros think? You will see I am not messing about and I am taking this seriously.
Just make sure you show the dole office the pics as well!

There's lots of information out there to help you on your Tiling journey Mr T, if I had any business start-up questions, I'd start off by visiting somewhere like the HMRC website, HM Revenue & Customs: Starting a business, anything more specific or tiling related I'd research on perhaps a tiling website. Business Link do all sorts of free stuff/advice as well, no doubt your careers advisor kinda points you in certain directions too.. When I was at school the folk that were learning were the ones sat listening, the teachers do the talking yeah?. Yet 765 posts suggests to me, more speaking than listening?

T

The D

I have just read a previous post from MR T regarding floorboards, stating that he has went through
3 beds in the last 2 years and his current one is broken too ! Can only hope for others sake that his
tiling techniques are superior to his assembly techniques,T if you had red the instructions I'm asssueming
you would be a furniture fitter too m8 !
:lol::lol::lol:

Reply to self employment..... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all, I havent been in the business of tiling long. With that being said as someone...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, new to the forum and after some advice if possible. Without boring you with my life...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB