Discuss Self levelling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
ive got an underfloor heating floor to lay. It's nuheat lopro. Basically it's a stuck down egg box type with 10mm pipes flipped in. That I have no problem with.
But I've then to cover it with thier fibre renforced self leveller. Which under normal circumstances would not be a problem. The trouble is this is laid at 25mm thick over a largish floor. There is a full pallet of leveller and I'm unsure how to lay it and mix it fast enough.

Will it be wise to hire a large mixer, or one of us mix and the other one lay.
Look forward to the replies.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
Wow! I've just ten mins ago had a call from my heating engineer. Ive got to go tomorrow and look at exactly the same thing, only he's said that there is 4 tonnes of the leveller!
Will report back tomorrow when i know what I'm dealing with...
Mine is only one pallet full.
Cold get screeders in with a pump, but will cost a minimum hire for the pump, plus their labour.
Mind you. By the time two of us and whatever gear I'm going to have to hire. This might not be that much of a saving to do it myself.

H

hmtiling

Biggest i did was around 85m2 with the depth varying from 2mm to 26mm. There were 3 of us and about 85x 25kg bags. We had 5 dustbins, 3 pieces of 500x500x22mm sterling board with heavy duty castors on and 2 large mixing drills. All water was ready and measured for 4 bag mixes and all bags opened ready to go. It went very well compared to the other half of the building that we hired a fluid transfer pump for and that seized on the first go:eek:

H

hmtiling

Biggest i did was around 85m2 with the depth varying from 2mm to 26mm. There were 3 of us and about 85x 25kg bags. We had 5 dustbins, 3 pieces of 500x500x22mm sterling board with heavy duty castors on and 2 large mixing drills. All water was ready and measured for 4 bag mixes and all bags opened ready to go. It went very well compared to the other half of the building that we hired a fluid transfer pump for and that seized on the first go:eek:
IMG-20160517-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20160517-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20160517-WA0013.jpg
IMG-20160517-WA0017.jpg

O

One Day

ive got an underfloor heating floor to lay. It's nuheat lopro. Basically it's a stuck down egg box type with 10mm pipes flipped in. That I have no problem with.
But I've then to cover it with thier fibre renforced self leveller. Which under normal circumstances would not be a problem. The trouble is this is laid at 25mm thick over a largish floor. There is a full pallet of leveller and I'm unsure how to lay it and mix it fast enough.

Will it be wise to hire a large mixer, or one of us mix and the other one lay.
Look forward to the replies.

I've just got back from site. Actually it looks a good system.
I read the instructions and the castellated panels (similar to beko-tec therm) take 10mm pipe.
The panels are intended to stick - they're sticky-backed - onto the subfloor, which in my case I'm going to level first.
The panel height is 15mm and they suggest a minimum 7mm over the top of the panel.
So it's 22mm ish, but the panel studs will take up the volume too.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Any good them large spreaders on a pole? I'd have thought they would just move it from one place to the other? I always pour it consistently then spiked roller it, I've not done vast areas tho

Wouldn't be without it local .
It's a 4ft speedskim , plasterers use them , well skimmers use them , not proper spreads ;)

Reply to Self levelling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Will this work? (top to bottom) tiling (one room), 12mm laminate (other room) 19mm T&G chipboard...
Replies
Views
I’m going to be self leveling my concrete floor I’ve removed tiles today but cannot get the...
Replies
Views
I am going to be tiling my upstairs bathroom that has a wooden floor. It originally had wooden...
Replies
Views
Had a builder in to build a garage, was planning on just painting garage base but was so uneven...
Replies
Views
D
Replies
Views
Deleted member 57709
D

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB