UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss SEO Advice Please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

AMtek

I'm fairly new to this SEO stuff but my site seems to be getting there in terms of google rankings, i'm on the first page for 76% of the 54 search terms i want to rank well for but i have a few things i want to clarify to make sure i'm making the best of my site:

Page title - 70 characters max. i haven't used my business name in title to make best use of keywords, is this correct?
Example of page title: Cumbria,tiler,tilers,tiling,bathroom fitters,kitchen fitters,Whitehaven

Page Description - 155 characters(ish). Basically just stuffed with key phrases, is this right or wrong?
example of page description: cumbria,tilers cumbria,tiling cumbria,bathroom fitters cumbria, kitchen fitters cumbria, bathrooms cumbria, kitchens cumbria, whitehaven,workington,carlisle

Meta Keywords - Along the same lines as page description but i heard meta keywords don't hold any weight when it comes to rankings, is this correct?

H1 - Is there an optimum number of characters for a h1 heading? i know that h1 headings are important but not sure of how best to utilise them?
Example of h1 heading: <h1 align="center">Looking For A Tiler, Plasterer, Kitchen Fitter Or Bathroom Fitter In Cumbria? Look No Further! </h1>

H2 - Same as h1 really not sure how best to utilise them, i have just put some key words in there
Example of h2 heading: <h2 align="center">Tiling, Tiler, Tilers, Plasterer, Plastering, Bathrooms, Kitchens, Fitter, Fitters In Whitehaven, Cumbria</h2>

Keywords - basically just tried to get as many keywords in the body text as possible, any other tips anyone has?

Is there anything i'm missing? i'm still a novice when it comes to SEO and have just learnt as much as i can from google!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Your page title shouldn't use comma's like that, neither should your H1 and H2 really. Or very few of them. And same with your description. And keywords shouldn't be stuffed. Use what you have used as your page title and add comma's in just those for your keywords. About 10 or so should do.

Your title should be more like "Tiler in Cumbria | Bathroom Fitters Whitehaven, Cumbria - Kitchen Fitters in Cumbria"
And your H1 more like "Professional Wall and Floor Tilers, Bathroom Fitters and Kitchen Fitters in Whitehaven, Cumbria"

Your description can be a couple of sentences long. Your H2 can be very similar to it also.

And don't put keywords in the body text. Just write a few paragraphs containing said keywords and then you have them in your body anyway.

Also concentrate on getting a few images on ALL your pages that have decent ALT tags used. So "Tiling Job in Cumbria" if the picture is of a tiling job you did in cumbria.

F

Floor-Form

wouldn't get to exited about it , i am 1st page on google but hardly ever get a call as a result.
If you're on first page and never get any calls then I'd recommend you look at your analytics for the site and find out where people are dropping off. It could be a case of your "call to action" isn't very clear or there's something that's putting people off. Getting a site to rank well in the search engines is tough but getting your site to convert visitors to customers is another story! HTH

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I would still use keywords. Whilst they're not priority there's no particular evidence that they damage anything, and some search engines do still use them, googlebots read them still. And the ratio of keyword/phrase to non-keyword/phrase in code-view of your site (which is how bots view the site) increases which is a good thing.

If you're ranking number 1 or on page 1 for one keyphrase, don't stop there. Keep ranking for more things.

Our website ranks for around 300,000 things. If we ranked for just 1 thing, we'd not have any traffic either.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to SEO Advice Please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

O
    • Winner
FIXRADIO are looking for 20 nominations for their Wall and Floor Tiler of the year 2019...
Replies
Views
S
We have just had under our kitchen cabinets tiled with Montacarlo split face tiles. The tiler...
Replies
Views
I
P
Hello all, hope you are all keeping well and busy! Just a quicky, I have a kitchen floor coming...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
M
hi all, didn't know where was best for this thread, please move if needed I've just set up on...
Replies
Views
H
Hope someone can advise me on the best way to go about two tiling jobs I need to do at home...
Replies
Views
HardTarget
H

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.