Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Sexy tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Y

Yorkshire Tiling Services

For those interested, adding blog page to your website is a good idea & great for SEO & rankings. A well written blog will change the dynamic & content of your site, Google loves sites that are updated regularily, with informative,ever changing,relevant content.
There is a vast opportunity to describe your jobs and work experiences in many written ways. In time,this will build into a Wikepedia of tiling & give you far better search results.
Working on creating my blog at present. Will probably need professional help as it does not seem that simple.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
For those interested, adding blog page to your website is a good idea & great for SEO & rankings. A well written blog will change the dynamic & content of your site, Google loves sites that are updated regularily, with informative,ever changing,relevant content.
There is a vast opportunity to describe your jobs and work experiences in many written ways. In time,this will build into a Wikepedia of tiling & give you far better search results.
Working on creating my blog at present. Will probably need professional help as it does not seem that simple.

Couldn't agree more.

Good advice there.

Though one area people fail on this if they're not used to being a blogger (which in some sense does actually fall into the category of 'journalist') is when they content isn't fresh, isn't up to date, or worse, isn't accurate.

If you blog, you need to do it regularly and accurately. And more to the point, you need to make it interesting to the READER (and not Google). Google loves content that is good for the reader, and cleverly works out what content is made JUST for google and it will often bring no benefit that way.

So blog things you'd want to read yourself but can't find already, and you'll be leagues ahead of those that just RSS feed automated blog posts into their system for the sake of content.

C

Colour Republic

I'm glad you brought up blogging Dan as I have a question that has been bothering me...

As usual i'm just about to waffle so stay with me!

I always intended to have a blog page on my website, this is for 2 reasons. 1) I think you can tell a lot about a person or company based on what they blog about, so it is a subtle selling tool if you do it right. 2) of course this is purely for SEO.

With number 2 in mind (and this doesn't relate to content of the blog, purely logistics of a blog), can it harm you by having a pre-made blog page? say for example you have set up a google 'blogger' account. Google kindly give you your own web address (XXXXX.blogspot.com) but you want to distance yourself and maybe appear more professional so you re-direct that page to a subdomain of your website (blog.besttilerintheworld.com). Now the question is this... does google class any posts in the blog as part of your site (www.besttilierintheworld.com) and thus an update and fresh content or does it class it as fresh content on the host website (XXXXX.blogspot.com)? Of course either way it benefits SEO but one much more than the other.

Hoe does it work Dan :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
With blogspot.com, googlesites (I think) and wordpress.com, you can take a domain to your free blogpsace. I used to do the blogspot thing quite often but now simply host wordpress blogs. It's more customisable that way.

If you DO 'tag' a domain to your account, it'll class the content within it as owned by the domain providing you link to the domain and not the free sub-domain. If you launched a website using the sub, then tagged a domain later, I'm not sure how it would be handled if you had already started to link to your sub'.

Though I'm sure after time, and linking to your main domain from the moment you can, it would swap the 'ownership' and therefore pull up the main domain within it's search results. I'm sure a google webmasters account these days can allow you to swap domains from one to another providing both are in your account. Not done it myself, just seen the option to do something which i assume is that.

Apologies for the waffly reply ;)

C

Colour Republic

With blogspot.com, googlesites (I think) and wordpress.com, you can take a domain to your free blogpsace. I used to do the blogspot thing quite often but now simply host wordpress blogs. It's more customisable that way.

If you DO 'tag' a domain to your account, it'll class the content within it as owned by the domain providing you link to the domain and not the free sub-domain. If you launched a website using the sub, then tagged a domain later, I'm not sure how it would be handled if you had already started to link to your sub'.

Though I'm sure after time, and linking to your main domain from the moment you can, it would swap the 'ownership' and therefore pull up the main domain within it's search results. I'm sure a google webmasters account these days can allow you to swap domains from one to another providing both are in your account. Not done it myself, just seen the option to do something which i assume is that.

OK, you're gonna have to bear with me mate, I'm getting the boys to translate what you said:smilewinkgrin:

In the mean time if anybody else can help, please do:thumbsup:

c1a69_hieroglyphics3.jpg

U

user123

Eh?? :confused: (Was REALLY proud to understand Rob's question...).. come again?

Y

Couldn't agree more.

Good advice there.

Though one area people fail on this if they're not used to being a blogger (which in some sense does actually fall into the category of 'journalist') is when they content isn't fresh, isn't up to date, or worse, isn't accurate.

If you blog, you need to do it regularly and accurately. And more to the point, you need to make it interesting to the READER (and not Google). Google loves content that is good for the reader, and cleverly works out what content is made JUST for google and it will often bring no benefit that way.

So blog things you'd want to read yourself but can't find already, and you'll be leagues ahead of those that just RSS feed automated blog posts into their system for the sake of content.

Thanks,Dan
may be asking for some help from someone who has the expertise to help me set up my blog page. My website requires that it is done through windows live spaces & link back to my site. Still scratching my head !

http://ask.officelive.com/smallbusi...ny-site-using-office-live-small-business.aspx

http://office.microsoft.com/client/helppreview.aspx?AssetID=HA102369111033&ns=OFLV20&lcid=1033

The second link is causing me a headache because I do not understand what to do

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Thanks,Dan
may be asking for some help from someone who has the expertise to help me set up my blog page. My website requires that it is done through windows live spaces & link back to my site. Still scratching my head !

Add a blog to your company site using Office Live Small Business - Small Business Team Blog - Office Live Small Business Community

Office Live Help

The second link is causing me a headache because I do not understand what to do

Just had a quick look. I've never used an Offlice Live Small Business thing (account/service?) so the "click on page manager" etc just doesn't ring any bells with me.

I'd simply download wordpress and upload it to your hosting space under a domain.com/BLOGNAME folder. It's the most simple way I've found.

D

diamondtiling

Come again Chuck? one sugar or two?

:excl:

Y

Just had a quick look. I've never used an Offlice Live Small Business thing (account/service?) so the "click on page manager" etc just doesn't ring any bells with me.

I'd simply download wordpress and upload it to your hosting space under a domain.com/BLOGNAME folder. It's the most simple way I've found.

Think this is basically the same, but you are using Windows Live Spaces to host your blog & directly link to your site!

Reply to Sexy tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm currently prepping a shower for tiling. One wall has been built out for the shower...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Sexy tiling
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.