UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Share pictures of niches in showers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rob Z

Hi everyone,

One of the guys at John Bridge Forum just posted a picture of a niche that he tiled, and it gave me a good idea to use on my next job. I was thinking that we could share some photos of niches and maybe someone will get something that they can use on their job. Here are two to get us started. The first is a ready-made niche sold by Noble Company. The second niche is one that we built in place because of the dimensions of the shower plumbing wall and the amount of stuff that the customer wanted to be able to store.

I've some really nice work by you guys in the UK on this forum, and would enjoy seeing photos of tiled-in niches. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dave Ramsden

Whats a niche???

Like this?

dave-ramsden-albums-expensive-picture2055-27102007416.jpg

D

Dave Ramsden

Dave,

That looks pretty cool...is that a splash behind a range? Did the deco tiles come as a set?

A "niche" is a recessed alcove for storing shampoo, soap, can of beer, etc, in the shower.

Oh crap yeah I have one of those to tile in nicely with 15mm limestone very very soon. Ill take some pics guys I swear...

Yeah that was an alcove over an aga, very posh house, very posh client.
Tiles were handmade... Thers over £800 there and there was only that one wall!

D

Deleted member 1779

Thats-a-nice-niche !

Do you plan to put a glass shelf in the middle so you can double rack the shampoo bottles
or is that the finished thing.

Something I discovered in my own shower is that the missus soon started filling up the space and took over with mutliple bottles of Pantene VO5 Soap Razors Conditioners Radox Flannels to the extent that I would often elbow off the contents and then be scrabbling round the tray picking up half empty bottles (if my foot was lucky) or full bottles (if my foot was not so lucky) and restacking an overloaded space.

But I think thats the downside to all niches - they get used! And theres never enough room.

Reply to Share pictures of niches in showers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
As an introduction, I'm a DIY home owner who has gutted the bathroom in a house built in 1980...
Replies
Views
Tony R
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.