UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Share pictures of niches in showers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

These all look great. How would I go about constructing something like that? I'm still fairly new to the tiling game.

Cheers - Brendan
this niche I created just in normal stud wall ( wall is 50x50mm so I added 20mm wedi on top of the plaster so my niche will be 70mm deep), it's plasterboard behind glued screwed wedi board, just cut out where you want niche add more noggins if needed, stick thin wedi to back of the plasterboard inside niche, just don't forget to tape corners and joint inside niche, which i didn't done yet, I'll post this niche when ill go back to finish this job
bgx.jpg

IMG_3201.jpg

R

Richard Edwards

If your showing off with your Niche - I'll show you one of mine !

Glass shelf at 2/3rds hieght - Glass mosaics and porcelain on the wall - customers choice. ! Big bottles on the bottom - small at the top

My one piece of advise to all of you - Always slope the deck of the 'Niche' forward slightly to drain and watch the internal corners - make sure 'no-pooling'

:8:

Attachments

• Glass Mosaic's - Wet Rm - Comp Niche.jpg
    407.7 KB · Views: 182
  • Glass Mosaic's - Wet Rm - Wedi Deck 015-WEB.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 158
B

Bolter

If your showing off with your Niche - I'll show you one of mine !

Glass shelf at 2/3rds hieght - Glass mosaics and porcelain on the wall - customers choice. ! Big bottles on the bottom - small at the top

My one piece of advise to all of you - Always slope the deck of the 'Niche' forward slightly to drain and watch the internal corners - make sure 'no-pooling'

:8:

Got a picture of that porthole Richard?

R

Richard Edwards

Hi guys

I especially like the recess with the single blue light to the right of the exposed therm shower valve Sean FSY

Also impressive is Sean Page - Kabenza's shower panel in darker tiling with the blue lights

It's good to see that there is a bunch of us on this forum that are proud of our work and are prepared push the design limits to the edge. Creative and Inovative is the way forward and sets us apart from the Joe Soaps out there.

Keep it up

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

R

Richard Edwards

Hi Bolter

I've sent a pic of the porthole you asked for but it not on the thread so I guess its lost in the ether

I'll try again. The hardwood circular window does not get wet at all- We had plan to create a semi circle of 10mm glass, supended from a s/s 25mm pin at the top but was not necesary in the end.

The circular reveal annd complete walls were tanked in membrane sheet and sealed. The B......dy Mosaics were a nightmare however its OK now its finished

Also enc a 45 deg angled wet room - No niche as such but we made an Iroko tray for my customer and a matching seat in Iroko -

Glass Mosaic's - Wet Rm - Wedi Deck 003-Comp.jpg

Web site Awen's Wet Room.jpg

Web Limestone Pebbles.jpg

I'm absolutely niched now:19:

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Ireland
Hi TommyZooom

Is that Travertine you used on the bath panel / top etc ?

What made you decide to use Aluminium Trim rather than mitre and round-over the corner joints and top edges - Was this decision the customer's own. ?

Love the walk in shower - What make was the base and walls - We use a simlar one. Nice :thumbsup:

Hi, Trav yes, Customers own choice to use the trim as she wanted to put the marble mosaics on the top of the bath, window cill etc and the trim added a bit of protection, I did offer to put trav on top and bullnose it but she wouldn't have it,the back of the niche is removable for access to pump btw

The shower was wedi I think, niche was custom made to fit in the void
:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Reply to Share pictures of niches in showers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
As an introduction, I'm a DIY home owner who has gutted the bathroom in a house built in 1980...
Replies
Views
Tony R
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.