Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Shooting Stars Night tonight in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Weekends away in quiet places then, eh?

When I was in Cairo, Mars was really close to the Earth, and none of the Saad family had ever really seen stars or knew much about the night sky, but one of their artist friends who we paid a visit, an amazing stone sculptor, had a roof top terrace so I insisted us all climb up there, they thought I was a bit mental and so did I, ascending this tiny stony stair case (and I suddenly thought, crikey, I'm here with these people I really don't know THAT well, is this wise?) but of course it was fine and we were up there, around 7 people, including a little baby, and despite the still considerable light pollution you could see the almost full moon, and the North star and yes, Mars was there, so obviously more orange than all the others, - they were absolutely ecstatic when they saw it, like I had given them a really big present and they said they'll ALWAYS remember me now, looking up the sky from up there, really sweet and touching.
Life is just so hard there, not many people take time out to just breathe and be and wonder.... needless to say I'll remember it, too, looking over Cairo suburb rooftops, in the company of such kind and happy people. ... life can be just wonderful at times, can't it... :hurray:

Reply to Shooting Stars Night tonight in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

D
US Astronaut Neil Armstrong Dies Aged 82 His family said they were "heartbroken" by his death...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
C
if your not going to bed too early tonight may i suggest that you stay up and watch Cinderella...
Replies
Views
enduro
E
I went to a customers house 2 nights ago to price up a job. Job described to me as a small...
Replies
Views
NOT SAFE FOR WORK. ONLY READ THIS ON A PERSONAL COMPUTER. After having been...
Replies
Views
S
R
Hi guys Thought I'd fill you in on what happened today at work, I think what your about to read...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Shooting Stars Night tonight
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.