Guest viewing is limited

Discuss should i do restore myself? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

wanbrook

hi thanks for the repiles.
the 500 quote is if they do the clean and suipply the materials and i seal after it is dry two days later.
i have got quotes from the only two companies who do it in the area that i can find details of and they both quote in the 700 mark.
anyone know any companies in worcestershire?
i have put a post in the tiler wanted section

i am trying to upload pics but the image is too large and i don't know how to make it smaller. idiots guide please

W

wanbrook

thanks thats great.
here are photos

Attachments

• 001 [Email (1024x768)].JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 002 [Email (1024x768)].JPG
    115 KB · Views: 29
  • 003 [Email (1024x768)].JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 32
Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

Things that will do the job..

LTP Power Stripper

Description: LTP Power Stripper is one of the few products on the market capable of breaking down oxidised boiled linseed oil from the surface of terracotta. With powerful amines, ammonia and alkalinity that penetrate and help lift the hardest, heaviest films, it is ideal for intensive cleaning of heavily contaminated vitrified quarry tiles, glazed ceramics and porcelain. Strips most things first time thereby minimising labour costs.

Tips: Pick this product if you have heavily soiled surfaces, old layers of sealer, oxidised boiled linseed oil, residual grout on the surface of limestone....

LTP Genuine Turpentine

Description: LTP Genuine Turpentine is an ideal primer for terracotta. It penetrates and cleans the very smallest pores of the tile, then dries it to a hard lacquer. As a cleaner, this product may be used for breaking down thick or old layers of beeswax. An extremely good solvent, LTP Genuine Turpentine can be used with LTP Boiled Linseed Oil when sealing terracotta.

Tips:

Technical Data Sheet (PDF)

LTP Boiled Linseed Oil

Description: LTP Boiled Linseed Oil is the traditional pre-polish sealer for terracotta. This viscous liquid enhances the natural colour of terracotta and offers good mechanical strength once cured. LTP Boiled Linseed Oil is ideal for impregnating and sealing even the most porous tiles and can be used with LTP Genuine Turpentine when sealing some terracotta.

Tips:

LTP Antique Beeswax

Description: The traditional way of finishing natural stone, terracotta and quarry tiles pre-sealed with LTP Stone Oil Antique, LTP Stone Oil or LTP Boiled Linseed Oil. This brown beeswax polish protects, enhances and provides a hard protective layer, which helps resist staining. LTP Antique Beeswax is very durable and can be buffed to a shine immediately after application. Maintain with LTP Waxwash on floors and LTP Stonewash on walls.

Tips:

or

LTP Clear Beeswax

Description: The traditional way of finishing natural stone, terracotta and quarry tiles pre-sealed with LTP Stone Oil or LTP Boiled Linseed Oil. This clear beeswax polish protects, enhances and provides a hard protective layer, which helps resist staining. LTP Clear Beeswax is very durable and can be buffed to a shine immediately after application. Maintain with LTP Waxwash on floors and LTP Stonewash on walls.

Tips:

or the modern method..

LTP Ironwax Primer

Description: This product should be used on thick and higly porous stone floors and terracotta before finishing with LTP Ironwax Gloss or LTP Ironwax Satin.

Tips:

LTP Ironwax Gloss

Description: This tough ionised acrylic gloss sealer has been specially formulated to minimise maintenance of quarry tiles, terracotta, brick, slate, stone, terrazzo, unpolished marble and cement floors. LTP Ironwax Gloss may be used as a wax protector in conjuction with LTP Antique or Clear Beeswax. Maintain with LTP Floorshine.

Tips: Interior Use Only. On more porous surfaces pre-seal with LTP Ironwax Primer. Do not use in wet areas.

or

LTP Ironwax Satin

Description: A hard wearing ionised acrylic semi-gloss sealer, that provides an easy to apply self shine satin surface seal on quarry tiles, terracotta, brick, slate, stone, terrazzo, unpolished marble and cement floors. LTP Ironwax Satin may be used as a wax protector in conjuction with LTP Antique or Clear Beeswax. Maintain with LTP Floorshine.

Tips: Interior Use Only. On more porous surfaces pre-seal with LTP Ironwax Primer. Do not use in wet areas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to should i do restore myself? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I have redone the tiles (porcelain ones) in the kitchen. The grout used, BAL...
Replies
Views
Hi ppl Need advice regarding sealing kitchen tiles. I believe I have lappato tile laid on my...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
should i do restore myself?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.