Discuss Should my wetroom floor move that much? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

F

Flyingblind

Well the results are in. Marmox have reported that as the fitter used 'pink grip' to stick the tray down, the solvents in it have degraded the tray. So the floor needs to come up, the tray be replaced and the floor retiled.....Gutted. Now need to find someone who will do the tray replacement work in Cheshire and then have the floor tiled. Any suggestions??? The current fitters services are not being retained (putting it politely), and given the stunts of the last week I am sure that my bathroom is a feature on a comedy hidden camera show.

G

Gazzer

Well the results are in. Marmox have reported that as the fitter used 'pink grip' to stick the tray down, the solvents in it have degraded the tray. So the floor needs to come up, the tray be replaced and the floor retiled.....Gutted. Now need to find someone who will do the tray replacement work in Cheshire and then have the floor tiled. Any suggestions??? The current fitters services are not being retained (putting it politely), and given the stunts of the last week I am sure that my bathroom is a feature on a comedy hidden camera show.

You can advertise for a tiler here ----> http://www.tilersforums.com/im-looking-wall-floor-tiler/

Thanks for posting that info Flyingblind, got to say ive never sold anything other than SPF to stick the tray down, but i can see why pink grip would be used, i didnt know that it did this thou!

R

Rookery

Just to let you know I've had a look at this job so a bit of an update for those curious.
1. Substrate is chipboard.
2. Area outside tray appears to have had some SLC on it, perhaps 3/4mm at the doorway where it has de-bonded.
3. Elec UFH has been installed, possibly direct to chipboard.
4. Definite movement here and there.
5. Tiling outside of tray area is up n down a bit.
6. Fall in tray area seems steeper than I would have expected.
7. Junction of tray and walls plus internal corners grouted not siliconed.
8. Many areas of cracked grout.
9. Generally a poor finish.
10. Job done by a plumber.

W

White Room

Just to let you know I've had a look at this job so a bit of an update for those curious.
1. Substrate is chipboard.
2. Area outside tray appears to have had some SLC on it, perhaps 3/4mm at the doorway where it has de-bonded.
3. Elec UFH has been installed, possibly direct to chipboard.
4. Definite movement here and there.
5. Tiling outside of tray area is up n down a bit.
6. Fall in tray area seems steeper than I would have expected.
7. Junction of tray and walls plus internal corners grouted not siliconed.
8. Many areas of cracked grout.
9. Generally a poor finish.
10. Job done by a plumber.[/QUOTE]

Don't mention plumbers:yikes:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Should my wetroom floor move that much? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hey all, New to the forum so go easy ;) I've finished tiling my bathroom floor with honed...
Replies
Views
I am doing a shower tile installation on mold-resistant drywall and I am waterproofing with...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB