UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss SHOWER WATERPROOFING KIT - All you need in 1 tub! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

M_M_Suzie

Hi Everyone,

The countdown for the Next Stop of the Mapei Tour in London, Alexandra Palace is underway, for Thursday 20th May - see you there!:29:

:drool5: SHOWER WATERPROOFING KIT

ShowerWaterproofingkit.jpg

You may have already seen or used the Shower Waterproofing Kit, the kits are available and in stores now

The kit has everything you need to waterproof a shower in a single tub! Step by Step Installation Guides are available at trade counters.

But for you guys, we have a little extra...i don't want just to add this information but make it more interesting by running a competition exclusive to tilersforums.com -

By 30th August 2010, if you've used our Shower Waterproofing Kit for a job; :camera: take some pictures, tell us what you liked about it/using the product/which adhesive and which tile types etc - your honest feedback along with the pictures of the job, installing pictures, finished look etc and then go through them with members of Mapei and I’ll request a member from the forum to part-decide a winner :cool4: !

The Prize will be a :star:MEGA Mapei goody bag, work wear and toolbox with RUBI Tools! :star:

Please email your entries to:envelope: [email protected]

We will post entries in an album on the forum for everyone to see, but we urge you to also post projects where you’ve used the Shower Waterproofing kit too!

Thanks everyone!! :thumbsup:

Mapei Marketing Department
www.mapei.co.uk
support from www.rubi.com

Attachments

• Shower Waterproofing Leaflet.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 376
  • clip_image001.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 250
  • rubi logo.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 281
Last edited by a moderator:
S

Scott

I did a 900 quadrant 2 weeks ago, i tanked it to 1500 high and i still got tons of it left. I did brush it n though as i didnt ave a roller so probably saved a lot that way.

I reckon all in id manage 3 showers that size out of that kit with loads of tape left over.

On the downside i dont think id bother buying another one, just the individual components.

Attachments

• DSC01419 (1200x900).jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 581
U

united

I did a 900 quadrant 2 weeks ago, i tanked it to 1500 high and i still got tons of it left. I did brush it n though as i didnt ave a roller so probably saved a lot that way.

I reckon all in id manage 3 showers that size out of that kit with loads of tape left over.

On the downside i dont think id bother buying another one, just the individual components.

I found that after using a kit to tank a shower I have loads left over too :thumbsup:

U

united

Phew! After looking at the tub the other day i thought maybe id been a bit too sparse with it!

I think its good value for money but will look into the seperate costs of the gum etc.

I agree it's a good price and I guess you could get 3 small jobs out of one kit, charge each customer for the same kit and that's a nice little profit :thumbsup:

The primer g in the kit was a very small amount so that's the only downside

M

M_M_Suzie

Hey Everyone, :welcome:

Just wanted to remind everyone to send in any jobs that you've used the Showerwaterproofing Kit for; photo's and a brief job summary!!!

It doesn't have to be extensive just the details of the job, a bit about yourself and photo's!!

if you need any help or have any questions please don't hesitate in contacting me :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Suzie:hurray:

P.s. we have our Training Centre Launch on Thursday 22nd (Resilient Flooring) and FRIDAY 23RD JULY - Ceramic Training (inc. the showerwaterproofing kit and more; we'll be using our new bays fully to give you the opportunity/further experience with products...and of course give-aways (YEAH!!)!!!!!

You know what to do [email protected] :thumbsup:

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to remind everyone to send in any jobs that you've used the Showerwaterproofing Kit for; photo's and a brief job summary!!!

It doesn't have to be extensive just the details of the job, a bit about yourself and photo's!!

if you need any help or have any questions please don't hesitate in contacting me

Suzie

I'm using one this Friday or Monday Suzie:thumbsup:

I'll get some snaps then for you:thumbsup:

Hi guys and gals,

Been using one of these fine kits this week and have taken a few snaps on my trusty Blackberry:thumbsup:

Firstly, this is the area I was given to work with. It's a wetroom shower in the corner of a larger bathroom.

IMG00001-20100708-0749.jpg

The screeding done by the builder left a lot to be desired and in fact the gully had been concreted in a good bit out of level:mad2:

IMG00003-20100708-0750.jpg

IMG00002-20100708-0749.jpg

IMG00004-20100708-0750.jpg

I carried out some initial remedial making good works to the screeding which included filling in and sealing under and around the floor gully with Mapei Keraquick to give a good flush finish for tanking. This was then primed along with the walls with the 'ready diluted' Primer G in the Mapei kit, the next day.

IMG00005-20100709-1058.jpg

I always start tanking with Mapegum by using a 2.5inch paint brush and coating all the internal corners and bedding the Mapeband into this.

IMG00006-20100709-1232.jpg

IMG00009-20100709-1242.jpg

IMG00010-20100709-1242.jpg

To be continued......

Last edited:

Reply to SHOWER WATERPROOFING KIT - All you need in 1 tub! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster. I’ve recently moved in to a new build property...
Replies
Views
So with the Mapei waterproofing kit you get some waterproofing tape. Bare with me, with sealing...
Replies
Views
Hi All and thank you in advance. I'm DIY'er with quite good general understanding and capable of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
SHOWER WATERPROOFING KIT - All you need in 1 tub!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.