Discuss Shuttering ply or something a bit better? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Indy

Hi,
I have a suspended floor with 4" of Celotex board sitting between the joists and my under floor heating pex pipes sitting on top of the insulation. I am planning on tiling the whole area and have a few questions regarding what ply to use. I've done a quick search around here and generally any WPB ply is recommended with shuttering ply frowned upon when used in areas of under floor heating.

I plan to use Ditra matting on top of the ply and then my tiles on top of that. Can I get away with using el cheapo shuttering ply as the Ditra matting will provide a waterproof and decoupling layer or would I be better off off still using WPB ply?

Also would a gap of 6mm between the plys filled with silicone to allow for expansion be too big?

Cheers

D

DHTiling

NEVER EVER use shuttering ply, it will warp unbelievably, I've seen this with my own eyes.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Any pics, are they like this..
Cross-Eyed%20Surgeon.jpg
hahaha-024.gif

Reply to Shuttering ply or something a bit better? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to achieve a low floor build up including wet UFH over a new suspended timber...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hello, First post here on the forum. Thanks for reading! I have an application for 1"...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Shuttering ply or something a bit better?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.