Discuss Sigma v Montolit. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

This is to the Sigma users.

Now be honest and no oh yes no probs..:):)

My monty cuts porcelains and other hard tiles all day long no probs at all..but today and yesterday we have been cutting 10mm thick red biscuit ceramics 19 inch by 13 inch.

The problem is the breaker was chipping these tiles now and again under the foot, with either breaker foot as well..unless the break pressure was spot on.

Does the sigma do this as well on certain ceramics if hit too hard..? and i want the truth you sigma lot.:smilewinkgrin:

D

DHTiling

It's all about proper pressure and technique,
Iv never had a prob with ceramics and only one porcelain that my sigmas won't cut- leonardo casia beige ! Wet cut only and I'm even laying them today.
Get a loan of a sigma Dave or better take that tile to someone who knows how to use a sigma !when cutting with a sigma you can push or thump lightly the handle to break tile.

Joe.. the pressure isn't a problem mate , just these B&Q tiles didn't like the feet on the cutter... now the sigma only has one set of breaker feet where as the monty has 2 sets.. so honestly if you have never broken a ceramic tile then i find that hard to comprehend.

H

hillhead

I have not fitted the tiles you on Dave, but ceramics don't break on my sigmas.
Some porcelain yes but very few.
If I come across any that are a struggle then I pull the wet saw in.
Neale, I often hit my handle a good tap and it's just habit, lol. But cuts real well and no problems which just shows how nicely set up the sigma is.
You need a sigma user who has fitted same tiles Dave to give opinion.

Reply to Sigma v Montolit. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone. Tiling my bathroom first time and going well so far! 600x300 ceramics on walls and...
Replies
Views
O
    • Winner
    • Informative
So as a couple of you may be aware, @Simon Dale his daughter Katrina, and myself are on a...
Replies
Views
L
I
    • Informative
    • Winner
yesterday I discovered what the titanium engraving wheel is for of my sigma (the gold color)...
Replies
Views
Hi All, hope you're all busy and well. Quick query: setting a floor with Porcelanosa 660 x 440...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
Hi guys, its my first post on there though have been gaining useful tips for a while so thanks...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Sigma v Montolit.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.