Discuss siliconing technique... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

I use tools that are called fugen ***, lol! I think they may have changed the name to joint boy or something like that, they have 16 different profile sizes over 4 tools ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375269529.488576.jpg
As for where vertical meets horizontal, a bit of practice makes it easier or do the verticals first and let them cure before doing the horizontals.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I've been told you shouldn't use your finger as your putting bacteria in the wet silicone ...dunno how true that is

It's not the bacteria on your finger, it's when you lick your finger and use the saliva, ladened with nasties, that puts bacteria into the silicon.

P

Peter

Some days I'm a master of silicone and other days it needs hoked out and redone. :lol:

A lot of it seems to come from how neatly you get it out of the tube to start with, if you have a nice clean bead then you're flying. I tend to have a lot of waste with the silicone tools, but as long as it's neat then I don't mind. They're hard to judge as you either seem to have far too much or far too little. Some low modulus is great, you don't even need a shaper.

Find that Mr Muscle is better than Fairy and dries off walls/joints more naturally too.

O

One Day

I've found that the quality of silicone is the number 1 key. 2nd is getting a good end on the tip.
9 out of 10 I can now not bother tooling the bead but if I do it's just the old Karl Dahm set, used dry and cleaned up with wonder wipes afterwards.

Oh, and a skeleton gun you can trust too! I have an old rusty one which I keep alive with wd40 - somehow it just works better than any others I've tried!

Reply to siliconing technique... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
I would very much appreciate the advice of anyone who has fitted Marmox boards as I have decided...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Am I a ****? Bumped into a builder in my local and he sees I do tiling so asks me to...
Replies
Views
S
Hopefully a quick one for ya. When I grouted recently I was obviously not careful enough and...
Replies
Views
SJPurdy
S

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB