Discuss Siliconing tiles to substrate in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Sean SML Tiling

Had to quote my mates mother in laws toilet area. Was around 12m 450x200 ceramics. Alot of prep work needed doing prior to starting job. Quoted 370 inc addy and grout which was pretty cheap. Another tiler from the tile shop quoted 480 and another tiler quoted 190. Anyway never heard back from the job so guessed they went for the bodger. Found out last night that this 'tiler' was Siliconing every tile on the walls. When he was questioned he said its special silicone Lmao. He even got paid for the job knowing very well he shouldn't be doing it. Cant believe anyone would even think of using silicone. Shame to this guy and he should be on cowboy builders! !!!

W

White Room

Let them get on with it 2010_0708Removal0005.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Siliconing tiles to substrate in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

It was his first day today. I found him on mybuilder. He wasn't the cheapest quote and I chose...
Replies
Views
R
Hi All, Fellow professional tilers im intrigued to here your views on finishing a tiled project...
Replies
Views
R
First post on this forum and unfortunately its not under good circumstances. We have built...
Replies
Views
Reggiethethird
R
G
Hi guys, sorry for long post, just after a bit of advice regarding my first proper complaint...
Replies
Views
I
Following on from the gypsum thread, who still ply lines a wooden substrate before tiling? With...
Replies
Views
steve-tiler
S
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB