Discuss Silly sod i am. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

2 days back and i am sore today.. Glad G is away or i would get grief..:lol:

Quite stiff tonight.. Naproxins have upset my stomach ,even after eating before hand.. so just using the Gel for now and some df118's when needed.. Hopefully a few beers tonight will help..:):):)

Dave thanking your lucky stars with G is away at the moment wont help you, she can get the internet in Germany...gawd help you man!

Lynn

Well 22 bags of SLC to move and 16 bags of adhesive and oops.. twinge.... Silly Sod has done his back again.. when will i learn..

Oh crumbs....:-( I'll be gentle with you.... :)

Funny, you know I did the same thing the day before I left Germany, first thing in the morning my Mum asked me to get something out the bottom of a corner cupboard half behind a chest of drawers, twisted bend forward, the dreaded twinge, thought, oh NO!! Straightened up very carefully, did my muscle tensing all from the stomach back to the lumbar spine, walked around like a robot, and was absolutely paranoid at the thought of catching the train and plane and two trains again with the suitcase back to Scarborough, when the back goes it goes, you can't do a blooming thing, hate, it, and it hadn't happend for a few years now! And then I had to suddenly catch my Mum who was starting to topple over, and the twinge was agony, and I couldn't drop her.... nearly blacked out at that point. ANYhow, did all that muscle tensing malarky, went to sleep on a Syndol ( I love Syndol) and was lucky that my Mum's nurse put the suitcase on the bed to pack, I couldn't even envisage lifting the empty suitcase stainding right in front of me! I put my stuff in, she closed it, I thought, blow the expense I get a taxi to the airport, train/underground through Stuttgart, NO WAY!! 50 Euros, the taxidriver, luckily available, he's one of ony two in the viallage! picked up the case from the flat and put it on the baggage drop off thingy at STGT airport, I never touched that case! I thought, wow, brilliant - and the taxidriver is the only one in the village who is almost an old friend by now, he does all the doctors and hospital runs in that place, too, so is used to stuff like that. In Manchester airport I nicely asked another passenger to lift the case off the carousel on a luggage trolley for me, I took the lift down to the platform, asked one of the platform staff to put it in the train for me, they told the ticket collector who radioed ahead to Leeds station where it would be best to change to Scarborough for me as the trains would arrive and leave on the same platform, so in Leeds the same ticket collector lifted the suitcase off for me and the radioed member of staff already waiting for me on the platform lifted it back on to my home train. In Scarborough H was waiting for me and lifted the case off. I never touched that suitcase ONCE!!! :lol: :lol: And I was absolutely blown away by the incredibly helpful service of the railway staff, absolutely amazing. Back was still pretty dodgy, moved very carefully, keeping my muscle corset working overtime, and after a good nights sleep in our bed with the perfect mattress, hey, it clicked itself back into place, yey!!! :hurray: Still got to be careful, I can tell it's fragile still, once it happens the soft tissue around it all becomes too soft, - this is where the repeat story comes in for you Dave, - you just cannot afford to take risks until you have healed and built up stronger tougher ligaments around the problem area. But I do sympathise, big time, not nice...

I know a silly sod who needs a
fuzzyhug.gif
... :)

U

user123

yep, i've got a stabbing pain right in middle of my shoulder blades, feels like a big knot in there, had it for a couple of days now. Not nice!

If you don't usually take painkillers, Doug, get yourself some Syndol from the chemist, it includes a musclerelaxant, brilliant, works amazingly well. :thumbsup: One day maybe we'll all move into the same retirement home.... :lol: swapping walker stories.... :lol:

Reply to Silly sod i am. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
I’ve recently had my bathroom tiled. I think a few errors have been made and would like to know...
Replies
Views
D
Replies
Views
Deleted member 57709
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Silly sod i am.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.