Discuss Silly sod i am. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Haven't got time..:) and they hurt...:lol:

You're being an idiot. I tell you why. All the painkillers you are taking are having a dehydrating effect in your myoskeletal system, a drying affect that dehydrates the spinal discs. Dehydrated spinal discs (there are sponge like structures) mean more pressure on the nerves and more inflammation, hence more spasm, as well as more long term damage and long term weakness. Dehydration in the disc causes loads more pain which is masked by the analgesics, so the damage is done without anyone knowing.. except that it keeps flaring up again and again.

STOP being a macho wuss (FFS!!!!) and make the appointment - short term pain but long term gain, you do NOT want short term gain and long term pain. I'm getting cross now.

D

DHTiling

Couldnt agree with you more mate. Back pain effects every part of you! Even breathing sometimes causes pain. Best is to rest up!

Not trying to sound like a stalker, but whats your bed/mattress like? Could need updating to a decent memory foam one?

Already have a top of the range memory foam one.. cost a fortune ( £900) about 3 yr back or so.. it has really helped today..

if it hurts when you pee, i dread to think what a no.2 going to do to you :yikes:

The DF118's have made sure no num2's yet..:lol:.. the codiene in them can dry you up a bit..:lol:..

But last night i thought i trip to hospital was looming it was hurting that much...

I also fell over in a bathroom last week .. so thinking back then i must have twisted/pulled something.. who knows but it is better at present with resting today..

So So proud of my son.. my other son took him to work today to grout the first 2 marble floors.. and he took pics and showed me.:). i did trust him to do it right..

C

Colour Republic

You're being an idiot. I tell you why. All the painkillers you are taking are having a dehydrating effect in your myoskeletal system, a drying affect that dehydrates the spinal discs. Dehydrated spinal discs (there are sponge like structures) mean more pressure on the nerves and more inflammation, hence more spasm, as well as more long term damage and long term weakness. Dehydration in the disc causes loads more pain which is masked by the analgesics, so the damage is done without anyone knowing.. except that it keeps flaring up again and again.

STOP being a macho wuss (FFS!!!!) and make the appointment - short term pain but long term gain, you do NOT want short term gain and long term pain. I'm getting cross now.

Dave I think you've mad G mad, in 2 years i've never seen G mad!

Rather you than me mate:yikes:

T

trevortine

No point at all in trying to be a hero, I tried that when I was 25 years old with a slipped disc. Suffered pain for a year until I simply no longer could. Went to doc, booked in for mri scan, following week I was on the table having an L4 S1 lamenectomy. One month later the disc that had been partially removed took infection and blew up like a baloon. I kid you not the pain brought me to tears. I coulndt move in any direction at all and had to be whisked off to hospital for a second time with a morphine drip to ease the pain. My whole body was twisted over to the right and it took 9 months of physio to straighten out. Three years ago I had another month long spell in hospital when the same disc gave trouble. They were gonna do a spinal fusion but gladly didnt. Cant emphasise the amount of pain i was in and in total over a year of work back then. I dont take the risk these days, simply aint worth it but at the same time i never take it lying down. Keeping things moving makes a huge difference. I speak from many years of horrible expereince on back pain, hope it never returns!

H

heavytrevy

Sounds like u have small tear on ur L5 disk Dave, go back to work to early and it may really blow out .
Been there done that 3 times in 2 years.(L4/L5)
Last time i did alot of damage just rollering some primer on the floor,(suffering same pain u described) i stretched out a bit far and it went, spent a few days in hospital cause the pain was to bad to pee.

Ur playing a very foolish game going back to work so soon,

go and get a MRI ASAP

BTW I take alot of painkillers (300-400MG tramal ) still 2 years later, once the damage is done scar tissue will form making it more easy to damage in the future.
Im still saving for the spinal fuse i have to have.

Regards
Trev

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Silly sod i am. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
I’ve recently had my bathroom tiled. I think a few errors have been made and would like to know...
Replies
Views
D
Replies
Views
Deleted member 57709
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Silly sod i am.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.