Discuss Site Work Rate. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Peterborough, England
That seems very low to me.. I'm in Reading and do domestic only im getting £40 plus a m double what I sas getting in 09..

It's up to you Sean, depends what sort of money you want to earn and if you want to kill yourself for it ?? I'm not a fan of site work but each to there own.. Good luck God bless

What seems low? £40psm is the lowest I'm at with private/domestic work.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Highest we can get around here is around £35/40 m2 ,and that's if we are lucky , and I mean lucky as if the devil himself was sat on my shoulder , that's domestic And that's stone, porcelain and ceramics £25 up to £30, site work I ain't sure.

I priced one last week, I put it on here, I put £40m2 , for boarding, ufh, slc and tiling.
I was far to expensive he has gone for elsewhere I think, he must want a cheap job to go in his £400 grand house (which up here,is a big house) :)

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Highest we can get around here is around £35/40 m2 ,and that's if we are lucky , and I mean lucky as if the devil himself was sat on my shoulder , that's domestic And that's stone, porcelain and ceramics £25 up to £30, site work I ain't sure.

I priced one last week, I put it on here, I put £40m2 , for boarding, ufh, slc and tiling.
I was far to expensive he has gone for elsewhere I think, he must want a cheap job to go in his £400 grand house (which up here,is a big house) :)
Bet he doesn't take his car to a backstreet joe, I never can can get my head round why someone would pay top dollar for tiles and then want them fitting for peanuts

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Peterborough, England
@AliGage think you may may have mis read my post.. £40 per m for ceramics is at the higher end in Reading... My post was not to flex my muscles and puff my chest out !? Simply to support Sean in his session making... I believe rates/prices are subject to region and detail.

Wasn't flexing my muscles at all if that's what you are implying.
Simple question of what it was you were saying that is "low"

M

mattle40

What sort of meterage was that on? It's scary to think that is "far too expensive"

T

The D

The price pm2 of domestic work has always been about double what you get pm2 on a housing site. This does not mean in a year a domestic tiler will earn double what a site tiler earns.
Part of the reason site work is less pm2 than domestic work is the continuity of the work on site then there is the volume of work.
The fact you can set up and cut inside the house and you don't have to concern yourself too much about protecting your surroundings is also a factor.
With site work the tiles and adhesive are dropped outside the plot by the forklift so you don't have to waste time with trips to the supplier loading and unloading tiles and adhesive.
Also site tilers don't have to spend hours going out on the evenings to quote jobs and run backwards and forwards with samples .
Add in the fact on site work you generally have flat walls ,floors and empty rooms. All this makes it easier to fix more m2 per day.
So over a year a site tiler will earn just as much if not more than a domestic tiler.
There is the added bonus to site work that my tax is already payed so i will be looking forward to a good fat rebate not a tax bill at the end of the year.

M

mattle40

For me, I'm happy in my domestic work. I like the design side, giving ideas. I can work at a relaxed pace, i enjoy the interaction and the handover when I give them a bathroom, kitchen, hallway etc they love, There's a lot of job satisfaction in that for me and I think I'd lose interest in tiling without that side of it. Tiling is hard enough when I'm in a good frame of mind and enjoying it, it's a whole different ball game when the interest is gone.
Credit to site guys tho, I could physically do it but mentally, I'd be looking in the jobs paper after a couple of weeks lol

B

bcd-87

QUOTE="AliGage, post: 788098, member: 33317"]What seems low? £40psm is the lowest I'm at with private/domestic work.[/QUOTE]
The price pm2 of domestic work has always been about double what you get pm2 on a housing site. This does not mean in a year a domestic tiler will earn double what a site tiler earns.
Part of the reason site work is less pm2 than domestic work is the continuity of the work on site then there is the volume of work.
The fact you can set up and cut inside the house and you don't have to concern yourself too much about protecting your surroundings is also a factor.
With site work the tiles and adhesive are dropped outside the plot by the forklift so you don't have to waste time with trips to the supplier loading and unloading tiles and adhesive.
Also site tilers don't have to spend hours going out on the evenings to quote jobs and run backwards and forwards with samples .
Add in the fact on site work you generally have flat walls ,floors and empty rooms. All this makes it easier to fix more m2 per day.
So over a year a site tiler will earn just as much if not more than a domestic tiler.
There is the added bonus to site work that my tax is already payed so i will be looking forward to a good fat rebate not a tax bill at the end of the year.

Very true.. To read it through like that really puts it perspective

Reply to Site Work Rate. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi to everyone on here as im new to the forum. After tiling on major house building new build...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hello, as a novice, I need some advice. Our landscapers have been doing a fantastic job so far...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Sean Kelly

Arms
TF
Ruislip

Thread Information

Title
Site Work Rate.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Australia Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond