Discuss Slavery in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
According to that article 9 have left the investigation at the point of the medical assessment.

A real shame. You wouldn't think it happens at all over here let alone in such a sound place.

It confuses me though, they're "travellers" with property that looks like a house (I'm guessing they're huge statics)

article-2036153-0DD579A700000578-308_634x353.jpg

Surely there should be some law that says they have to start paying council tax, business tax, and every other tax just like the normal man.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I'm sure if I did it, they'd come at me with the old van thing. And the house thing. And the lack of paying tax thing. And yada yada yada

I bet you knowing me, they'd want to do me for racism and anti social behaviour for sticking big walls up and not involving myself in society, too. haha

Just my luck that.

We should all club in and build a mansion 3ft off the floor but stick 3 steps each a foot high leading upto it around the whole bugger. And then claim we're in a static caravan and don't need to pay everything. And then say as we're in our own community and we don't pay tax, we wont start.

** looks in wallet ** I've got £40 here towards it if we want to take a punt. lol

I'll get the domain name for it read, TotallyWickedEvenNewerThanNewAgeTravellersMansionForums.com/notax

T

Tabby Cranks

Slavery is truly a nasty business, but it still goes on. Lots of the criminal under world are involved in it, not just travellers. Lets not forget this great nation of ours was practically built on it.

The trouble with reading these stories from papers like the mail is you get to thinking all travellers are the same. I know a few travellers, they pay all there taxes. One thing you have to admire is their sense of comunity.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Slavery in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Suggestion
Topps Tiles in-store or online - Genuine Feedback, Positive or Otherwise. I used to work in a...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I recently attended a large format tile training day run by Ardex, at their Haverhill trading...
Replies
Views
D
Got me thinking the other day whether its worth having all these modern methods of communication...
Replies
Views
T
Hi All. Ive not posted on here for ages so i thought id say a quick hello and get your opinion...
Replies
Views
prceramics
P
C
How hard can it be to find a decent tiler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quick background (might have...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Slavery
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.