Discuss slc over 50m2 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TMTservices

Hi all,

A job coming up 50m2, mentioned in a earlier post, doing a bit of self levelling,

Sub in concrete base, perfectly flat, overlay with 10mm thermal boards, then ufh matting, then slc.

Any tips for application of slc over this large area? Any potential probs?

Only ever covered upto 20m2 personally, and this on rare occasions. Usually have it prepped for me,

Planning on having 1 lad mixing 'largest gorilla tub size' batches using paddle mixer, one passing it through, and me applying? Not stopping until done.

Like I say, original sub is bang on so slc is purely for safety and to get a perfect covering around the matting. Dont anticipate any voids to build up.

Using weber floor flex, unless someone has a reason not too.

Thanks in advance.

K

kaharrison9

I recently did a 65m2 on my own using ultra 2 part.
One of the benefits with 2 part is you don't have to worry about the mixing ratio.
Before you start have 5 mins to think is everything at hand.
I mix 2 buckets initially to get off to a good start and try to keep all the edges of the compound wet so its workable,hard to explain but means pouring some in one area then coming back to the part that has been down the longest
Some times i tape,glue the matting down or mix a small amount of rapid and put a bit where the wires curve

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to slc over 50m2 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All Ive got a nice job to price up but have a few questions that i thought the pro's would...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all I'm about to start my first tiling job ever, which will be the kitchen floor (approx...
Replies
Views
S
Just thought I would post some pictures of a patio terrace job we have been working on for the...
Replies
Views
Diamond Pool Finishers
D
S
As per my other post, my customer wants to have under floor heating from a company called Heat...
Replies
Views
IvegotsTILE
I
R
Bit of info on Durabase... The problem Most people have had issues in a wet area, where they...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
slc over 50m2
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.