UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Small van advice needed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Ok, here is my new preoccupation.
Our hatchback workhorse car is slowly giving up its ghost and I quite fancy a little 2 seater van, with signwriting on it for my mosaics, etc, but have never owned one. (Ideally want a little cute one, saw one drive past me in the opposite directions was modern but almost shaped like a VW hippie bus and bright red and I loved it, but couldn't catch the make). Anyhow, does anyone of you have any ideas / experience what small van would be a good and reliable one? What is the smallest transit van out there? Don't want a French one ideally as repairs cost a fortune... HELP???

Used to drive a minibus full of youthclub kids, so driving ability not an issue :lol:

O

Olz

trotters-reliant-3-wheeler-van-croom.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

O

Olz

It depends on what you need to get in it really, for example if your wanting to put wedipanels in the back then youll need one with 2.5m load length (or a roof rack :lol:)

I use a Vectra estate so I have to cut them down in the car park when I buy them, luckily my supplier knows the score and usually cuts them into a bath sized end and side panel before I pick them up now :thumbsup:.

Ford Transit Connects are a resonable size, or something like the fiat Scudo or peugot and citreon equivalent.

U

user123

maybe a Bedford Rascal sort of thing GG?

Just had a look at the Bedford Rascal first, (just because I like the name really :lol: ) and you know, Doug, that might have been it! Got good reviews, too! :hurray: Ok on to the next ones...and then look how much they are and where to get good second hand ones.... times like that I think maybe I should play the lottery...

U

user123

you are better off gettin an estate if you get a van you will av to start of with nil no claims bonus on your insurance at least with an estate you can transfer it over unless you dont mind startin all over again

Urrgh, really? Know nothing about that :oops:... thanks heaps for that Michael, will look into it, I have a completely clean lisence, and no claims at all, does that count for anything?

U

user123

Did you know that it is really cheap to lease one G...we have anew sponsor and he has got some really good deals and i mean really really good...:thumbsup:

If you want his logo is on the homepage...just click it and you can view small vans on there...

Leasing eh...I always thought that's only worth it for people who do loads of miles, which I don't but then again that might change...travelling around the countires with my mosaics ...hmmmm, tasty thought...

U

user123

a bit but cars and vans are 2 tyres of insurance now theynever use to be . but do you like the idea of bein a white van man :lol:

White?? No way...as you probably would have guessed from my bathroom :lol: :lol: :lol: I really fancy a bright red one right now, with colourful sign writing on... ooohhh, yesss.... That insurance thing - is that even for little vans?

S

strummerman

White?? No way...as you probably would have guessed from my bathroom :lol: :lol: :lol: I really fancy a bright red one right now, with colourful sign writing on... ooohhh, yesss.... That insurance thing - is that even for little vans?

yep sure is and dont forget if you get a van from a garage you will most likely av vat to add on :welcome:to the our world :lol:

Reply to Small van advice needed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
Hello everyone I was a tilers assistant for about 5 years, left and have now been working in a...
Replies
Views
Max@ableskills
M
A
Hello all, I'd really appreciate some advice about my bathroom. What was meant to be a simple...
Replies
Views
Alexyz
A

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.