Discuss Smoking in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Seriously, both my parents smoked and neither my brother or I smoke. I personally hate it, can't stand the smell, was so glad when it got banned from public places!!! I think you either go one way or the other, you either follow in their footsteps or just avoid them.

Strangely enough both my parents stopped smoking after about 40 years, unfortunately my father passed away 11 years ago due to emphysema. So on that level I'm glad that I never started.

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
9 weeks mate hating it but it's got to be done get to the doctors and get some champix makes it a whole lot easier

I am on the "Champix". Been on them for almost 2 weeks now. They are a tablet for cutting down on the cravings Bri. They do work.....to a degree. List of possible side effects as long as your arm, including suicidal tendencies......now that is a sure fire way of giving up.

For the peeps out there who don't/never smoked.......please don't comment, as there is nothing worse than a non smoker who bleats on about "disgusting habits/bad for health" blah blah blah.

Smokers DO know this......but like any DRUG, they are addictive.

sorry for rant......need to slap something/someone :lol:

Maybe should take up drinking more. :yikes:

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
I've quit smoking a few times, the longest period was 4 years. I always seem to start back up again. I don't find stopping that difficult, my problem is that I enjoy smoking and don't want to stop.

I know exactly wot you mean about enjoying a smoke. Non smokers will find that impossible to believe, but at almost £7 a day/packet, it's an expensive habit. Never got the hang of roll ups.

I'm off down the pub for a few. Might find a small guy and start a fight. :smilewinkgrin:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
hi, my names andy, and i smoke....there got that over with....

on a lighter note, i worked for a guy from siria this week, he smoked like a chimley, and i asked if he ever smoked one of these... 41E7wUEtAUL__AA160_.jpg yes he said, i got one, next thing i know hes setting it up, we went for grape flavour baccy, and 10 mins later we were having a puff on it, totally different to smoking a ***, can really taste the grape flavour, supposed to be not as harmfull, if thats possible, might feel a bit of a prat driving round with one of them sat next to me in the van..:lol:

i have thought about packing it in to, i only smoke about 6/7 a day, but thats to much, just dont know what i will do with myself waiting for the grout to dry..lol

B

Bubblecraft

I've been smoking since I was 13 & now 20 years on I'm still doing it.

I've recently been seriously considering it. I've never really had a reason too & had nothing to drive me to do it. I used to smoke more when stressed but since Christmas, I've had nothing to stress about. Work is going great, family are all well & things just couldn't be better. I was thinking about giving my self a goal that I could achieve much quicker if I didn't smoke. Big new car, buying properties etc. Really need to get my finger out & do it as I just keep forgetting. This thread has been a good start!

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Got an e-cig 4 weeks ago and haven't had a *** since. Yes I know I'm still a nicotine addict but the e-juice costs me £2.50 a week (and I 'vape' alot). I feel so much better for it - just like smoking but none of the crap going into your lungs and no smell.
Only a matter of time before the government start taxing the e-juice though, even though if every smoker went onto these then all smoking related deaths and illnesses would be a thing of the past saving the NHS billions and billions.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Mate of mine and his wife gave up smoking a couple of years ago. They decided to put all the money they would have spent on cigs into an account and save up for stuff. They have had two Hoildays abroad so far iand just bought a new all singing and all dancing 3d telly.

Reply to Smoking in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I can personally recommend UK Pro Tiling. Darren is a great tutor, the aftercare is great and it...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB