Discuss snows arrived.. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

When the snow arrives ?

When we have a substantial amount of snow, are you the type to carry on to work regardless ? Do you look out the window see a bit of snow and go back to bed? Do you assess the route you would have to take to get to work before setting off ?
The 1st days of snow seem to be the worst around here with every idiot taking to the roads and I dont just mean motorists...sometimes I dont think its worth it.

B

Bubblecraft

No snow here. Bursting to try the new sledges with the kids & dogs. Forecast was for snow last night but nothing showed. Looks like nothing till Tuesday now
2yvyry6y.jpg

D

Deleted member 9966

Re: When the snow arrives ?

Because I work for a company, I have to try to make it in otherwise there's a chance I wouldn't get paid. There's been one occasion in the last 4 years where I couldn't get to work because all the roads were gridlocked. Sat in traffic for hours not moving anywhere, managed to turn around and head home, and got home about 2pm. What a waste of time. But today, I got to work ok. Took a little longer than normal and I did try and use a road up in the moorlands that's renowned for snow drifts and got myself a little stuck but I managed to get out and find a different way in to work. Only problem with where I work, I have to go up a hill and then down the other side to get to work. Hills, snow, scared drivers = long queues of traffic.

D

Dougs Third Go

Because I work for a company, I have to try to make it in otherwise there's a chance I wouldn't get paid. There's been one occasion in the last 4 years where I couldn't get to work because all the roads were gridlocked. Sat in traffic for hours not moving anywhere, managed to turn around and head home, and got home about 2pm. What a waste of time. But today, I got to work ok. Took a little longer than normal and I did try and use a road up in the moorlands that's renowned for snow drifts and got myself a little stuck but I managed to get out and find a different way in to work. Only problem with where I work, I have to go up a hill and then down the other side to get to work. Hills, snow, scared drivers = long queues of traffic.
you wanna try living up here in Lake District Liz:lol:

D

Deleted member 9966

I don't mind the hills and snow Doug. Just the other drivers who panic and seem totally incapable of driving when the white stuff appears. I had a hairy moment coming down a steep incline this morning. Footbrake on full, car still moving, bend in the road, stone wall in front of me, pressed brake harder still not stopping, slowly pulled on handbrake, car eventually stopped and I managed to navigate the bend without hitting anything.:whistling::driving:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I'm pretty much stuck in. Going to try go the shop in the scooby in a minute to get some ciggies and milk (for the baby) stocked up.

It's about 15cm up here. But like the other day, when I got out my street and onto the gritted road it was fine. It just took me ages to get out the street. Did a 180 just coming out the drive, had to do a 3 point turn to get it face the right way again which took ages, all 4 wheels just spinning as soon as the clutch was out. Very slippy stuff.

B

Bubblecraft

When the snow arrives ?

Snow is due for 8pm here so well see. Was going to Vallet the van on Sunday before it get sign written on Monday but managed to get a day off yesterday & got it done so nice quite weekend for me. Wouldn't fancy doing it in the snow.

Van has never looked so good! Van washed, polished, Rims painted, bumpers, trim & wheels slicked, rear step & door locks sprayed. Looks brand new now lol
6ytyze9u.jpg

(Apart from the dents but signage will sort that ;))

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK

I don't mind the hills and snow Doug. Just the other drivers who panic and seem totally incapable of driving when the white stuff appears. I had a hairy moment coming down a steep incline this morning. Footbrake on full, car still moving, bend in the road, stone wall in front of me, pressed brake harder still not stopping, slowly pulled on handbrake, car eventually stopped and I managed to navigate the bend without hitting anything.:whistling::driving:

I'd have left the foot off the brake and use the hand brake to turn the back end around if its wasnt a sharp one, and there was enough road after the bend.

Wouldn't like to do penkhull bank today! Up or down.

Reply to snows arrived.. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hello, as a novice, I need some advice. Our landscapers have been doing a fantastic job so far...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB